Talk

Advanced search

Christmas anxiety taking hold

(6 Posts)
TheoriginalLEM Tue 22-Dec-15 10:12:11

its 3 days before Christmas and the demon anxiety is threatening to shut me down.

ive run out of money, dp doesn't know this and will go mad. I stupidly splashed out on an expensive present for him as i thought i had more money than i did. fuck you amazon prime.

ive done NOTHING in terms of preparation and i feel sick.

am now paralysed in my chair waiting for the postman to bring bad letters.

i have ADs and just feel like taking them all. only bloody useless idiot i am i only have a weeks supply.

dp is stressing too and i can't deal with him being an arse too.

why can't i just enjoy Christmas

HackerFucker22 Tue 22-Dec-15 10:15:30

Can you return the expensive gift and get something cheaper?

HackerFucker22 Tue 22-Dec-15 10:17:02

Sorry you are feeling so crap.

Make a list of absolute essentials and try to get a few bits done.

You can have a cost effective dinner (chicken not turkey) and go to one of the cheaper supermarkets for veg and stuff.

TheoriginalLEM Tue 22-Dec-15 10:21:17

thanks hacker. i don't need to return it. i get paid today. only from a very part time job so there is enough money really. i just go into anxiety overdrive if i run low. right now i have about £10.

Turkey is covered (thanks mum - although that is whole other story)

its not just the money. its everything.

its not everthing its nothing.

right now i feel my head will explode and im just so tired.

hooliodancer Tue 22-Dec-15 10:51:44

Please try to get a GP appointment today. Tell the receptionist exactly how you feel if they try to fob you off-site maybe read out what you have written here?

You can go to A and E with feelings like you are having if the GP can't see you. I took my friend once, they were brilliant.

Is there anyone you can reach out to to tell how you feel who could go with you?

Try to tell your partner. Again, maybe you could show this thread?

Christmas can bring up a lot of negative feelings that are not about Christmas, because somehow it highlights those feelings.

Please get some support today.

TheoriginalLEM Tue 22-Dec-15 11:02:42

Im fine, well, im not fine but something lovely just happened.

I opened my email to find an offer of funding for my DD's dyslexia tuition. It has been breaking us financially and now i don't have to find £40 a week plust and extra £15 for a touch typing course which we coulnd;t afford at all. It makes all the difference to my DD's reading.

People are so so kind - i can't stop sobbing confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now