Talk

Advanced search

To think getting annoyed about having to change the loo roll is stupid?

(11 Posts)
Skullyton Mon 21-Dec-15 17:00:21

Especially when you have two young children in the house and chances are it wasnt the adult who was last in the bathroom?

I dont get it, why is it worth an "OH BLOODY HELL!" being yelled from the bathroom like something major has gone wrong, because you have to swap an empty roll for a full one?

I just asked DH this and got "well i'll leave it like that for you an see how you feel" to which i replied "I would just change it, like most people, without feeling the need to yell/shout/be annoyed by it."

It takes 10 seconds, and you can even do it while you're sat there contemplating your navel!

I also don't see why i should spot check the bathroom before he gets home on the offchance it might need changing. (ie.. he can fuck off)

IguanaTail Mon 21-Dec-15 17:01:54

The irony is that you have expended more energy on this now than him!

AnnaMarlowe Mon 21-Dec-15 17:03:58

Between you and DH train both children to let an adult know if they use the last of the toilet roll.

Problem solved.

Gruntfuttock Mon 21-Dec-15 17:06:51

Are the spare rolls also in the bathroom or do they have to be brought from somewhere else?

FadedRed Mon 21-Dec-15 17:12:05

Wrap up a lavatory paper roll in festive wrapping and put it under the tree with your DP name on. Explain that it means he can carry it around with him all the time so that he isn't 'caught short' needing to change the roll.
Bloody hell, it's sooo annoying that men find changing loo rolls so challenging. Why is that?
In this house there is only DH and me, so no children to 'blame', but 9 times out of ten the new roll in left on the cistern or floor and the empty holder remains in place on the holder. And he's actually not a lazy git, so I don't understand why this happens.
Is it the lack of ability to multitask that women are supposed to excel in and men aren't? Can't shit and change a loo roll within a certain time frame? grin

I thinkmyounreserve that level of anger (the thermonuclear option) for when a child who knows damn well how to change the loo roll, leaves half a sheet clinging to the cardboard tube - and because he hasn't actually finished the roll, he doesn't think he has to change it! fhmm

Nb. I say 'he' because I only have dses, so I don't have first-hand experience of whether girls are capable of this level of low cunning!

Millipedewithherfeetup Mon 21-Dec-15 17:13:10

Leave him now ! fgrin

Skullyton Mon 21-Dec-15 17:13:33

Grunt yes, they're actually stacked right under the loo roll holder!

StealthPolarBear Mon 21-Dec-15 17:16:03

Stdg that's the same logic as the half teaspoon of milk left in the 4 pint bottle. ..not empty so back in the fridge it goes

hatters Mon 21-Dec-15 17:21:24

leaves half a sheet clinging to the cardboard tube - and because he hasn't actually finished the roll, he doesn't think he has to change it!
DH still does this. After many years, now I l never change the roll. We always have a spare about anyway as DS can't reach the holder.

Grunt yes, they're actually stacked right under the loo roll holder!
YADNBU there's really no need for yelling if they are right there! (Not that there should be yelling anyway, but this makes it ridiculous.)

whois Mon 21-Dec-15 18:38:42

Its annoying if you sit down, do a poo then realise there isn't any paper - if the spare loo roils are not within reach.

Its also annoying if you are the only person who puts the loo roll on the holder.

But since neither of these appear to be the case, he was being U.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now