Talk

Advanced search

To love the CBeebies Christmas panto

(31 Posts)
ffs78 Mon 21-Dec-15 16:42:58

Just watched it and it's utterly brilliant!! Keep laughing at the Cheshire Cat and the Mad Hatter!! Didn't realise the presenters were so talented!

QueenArseClangers Mon 21-Dec-15 18:31:10

We love it too and have watched this year's at least four times.
Have you seen the previous ones?

MiscellaneousAssortment Mon 21-Dec-15 18:34:52

We look forwards to it every year.

Am so sad that CBeebies is going, as I guess it will be the last year they do this kind of things.

Doublebubblebubble Mon 21-Dec-15 18:42:07

We love it. Although DD at 6 is now too "old" for cbeebies. I remember back in the day when there used to be a panto on itv (Neil morrisey etc) were in it wish they'd bring that back x

MeriMeriQuiteContrary Mon 21-Dec-15 18:42:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Figgygal Mon 21-Dec-15 18:43:18

Cbeebies going???? What? How will I get my lanky Andy fix?

Raxacoricofallapatorius Mon 21-Dec-15 18:44:18

Their Christmas Carol is still my favourite. It's on iPlayer atm. Love Robert and Mr Bloom in both that and Alice.

futureme Mon 21-Dec-15 18:46:36

I love it too! We've got a few years re orded. I liked the ballet ones too (are they Easter?)

Cbeebies going??? Will kids programmes go back to BBC 1 NAD 2 or mix with CBBC?

Cbeebies has kept us sane over the years and is mostly good programming. We've managed to avoid adverts and more vacuous programming.

IsItMeOr Mon 21-Dec-15 18:46:51

BBC has said that CBeebies will be staying.

DisappointedOne Mon 21-Dec-15 18:47:14

Didn't think decision had been made re CBeebies going online......

But yes, loved the panto. (Pretty sure Justin Fletcher must bankroll them though........)

Flumplet Mon 21-Dec-15 18:53:40

Yes my ds is watching it now and he's captivated!!

floooOoooatyfloooOooo Mon 21-Dec-15 18:57:55

I thought it was awful! My dcs got bored!

MiscellaneousAssortment Mon 21-Dec-15 19:15:44

Ok so I may have spread panic without basis in fact!!!!

Retreat retreat retract (does a t-Rex style gesture in panic)

I was told this last night by two completely separate sources, but I just looked it up online and I can't find mention anywhere.

Sorry sorry sorry (bow and scrape my way off mumsnet)

MiscellaneousAssortment Mon 21-Dec-15 19:17:23

<arranges a Christmas hitman for both bad friends spreading malicious lies>

<takes out hit on self for not checking sources>

Imfinehowareyou Mon 21-Dec-15 19:21:48

Bloody hell Miscellaneous you just gave me a heart attack.

Imfinehowareyou Mon 21-Dec-15 19:23:12

Oh, and love, love, love the pantos. Also the Ugly Duckling ballet was awesome but what happened to one of the children watching with Mr Bloom? There in the 1st act but never seen again.

Jibberjabberjooo Mon 21-Dec-15 19:26:31

I love the pantos, I record them so the dc can watch them again.

Also almost had a heart attack at the thought of no cbeebies! shock

IsItMeOr Mon 21-Dec-15 19:28:50

Miscellaneous I think it was shroud-waving by the BBC a few months back to try to stop the government from cutting their funding.

If you google "Cbeebies to be axed" you'll find more info.

FairyFluffbum Mon 21-Dec-15 19:29:21

I don't like kids programs but i do love the CBeebies pantos. That ugly duckling ballet was so sweet and I really enjoyed it. Same to jack and the beanstalk. I haven't seen this years yet though

ThatsNotMyHouseItIsTooClean Mon 21-Dec-15 19:30:25

6yo, 3yo & I all have a lurgy. This afternoon, we watched Alice for the third time, last year's Panto for about the 50th time and Elves & the Shoemaker also for about 50th time. We paused for tea & then watched the Gruffalo! A very enjoyable afternoon grin
The CBeebies Prom at the Albert Hall in July 2014 was also amazing. I was so disappointed that they didn't do one this year. I am hoping that they do one next year.

futureme Mon 21-Dec-15 19:34:21

Oh the Cbeebies prom was brilliant wasn't it!

QueenArseClangers Mon 21-Dec-15 20:20:38

Me and DH always say that the cbeebies presenters must love doing the panto as it means they can use their acting chops.
We did laugh at Justin Fletcher's Boy George neck makeup in this one though!

MaybeAnOverthinker Mon 21-Dec-15 20:23:15

We missed this!! We saw the adverts and kept saying we would record and I forgot! Is it being aired again?

remembermewhen Mon 21-Dec-15 20:24:52

Haven't seen it yet......

I hand on heart loved CBeebies proms with the London Philharmonic!

987flowers Mon 21-Dec-15 20:26:16

Slightly on a tangent but shocked that 6 years is thought too old???? Really? I thought this was part of who they film for? We have no sky etc and I don't think much on cbbc is suitable for 6 year olds so what do they watch?!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now