Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask you to support this

(12 Posts)
Raeray Mon 21-Dec-15 12:02:33

To copy something from a charity thread to get more people to see it? I hope this is allowed as in the media anyway?

There's a campaign at the moment to get the NHS choir singing a bridge over you to Christmas number one - all proceeds go to charities including carers uk and Mind ( worthy charities I'm sure you will agree). Here's part of my reply on the charity thread

I am a proud NHS nurse, and this year a patient too needing big surgery for an early cancer. A relative also spent their last hours being cared for amazingly by NHS staff.

The NHS is one of Great Britain's best institutions and should be treasured as so.

I really hope the song makes number one- a boost to hardworking NHS staff, recognition for everyone (including politicians!) of how loved it is and how passionate the staff are.

Mumsnetters you can download now and it counts - you can download the radio edit and/or extended version and it counts.

Since my previous reply I've also discovered you can stream on Spotify and for every 100 times 30 seconds listened to on there that counts too.

Hope everyone in the festive spirit and doesn't mind me posting this here. Thank you.

hefzi Mon 21-Dec-15 13:19:34

Could you possibly do a link? I am crap with Google and can't find it!

Raeray Mon 21-Dec-15 16:23:22

Ooh yes of course two tics I will find a link for you and thanks for replying! smile

Raeray Mon 21-Dec-15 16:32:50

www.nhsno1.com/download/

Here's a link and it gives you a few different ways you can get the song and guides how to download if needed too.

Thanks again, please share with your friends and family, so many people would be very happy if this makes number 1 for Christmas!

#NHS4XmasNo1 #LoveYourNhs are the hash tags for social media if anyone interested in those too.

hefzi Mon 21-Dec-15 18:18:09

Thank you smile

GabiSolis Mon 21-Dec-15 19:17:05

I've downloaded it on iTunes and I'm currently playing it on repeat on Spotify. Partly in support of the NHS but also because I can't stand that Bieber twat.

Raeray Mon 21-Dec-15 22:53:11

Ha ha I'm happy either way, as long as people are downloading it - but would really it to get to number one!
I think it's a truly special thing the NHS and this is a nice way to celebrate it smile

Raeray Thu 24-Dec-15 09:47:50

Just wanted to put a little Christmas Eve bump on this for people to download and stream a bridge over you.
We're so close to it being Christmas number one every extra download would help!

Thanks! grinthankssanta

MissFitt68 Thu 24-Dec-15 09:58:14

That 'bieber twat' has asked fans hold off buying his so the NHS can take the no 1 slot

Raeray Thu 24-Dec-15 12:28:40

That was good news. Although good press for him says the sceptic in me 
But more support always welcome hey?! 

Keep downloading mumsnetters!! 
99p on iTunes 79p on Amazon music and I think google play has it too although I'm not sure how much on there.

ink{http://www.nhsno1.com/download\www.nhsno1.com/downloa]]d}d_

Here's link again with more info.

antimatter Thu 24-Dec-15 12:30:08

I bought mine 2 days ago on Google music.

Raeray Thu 24-Dec-15 13:01:23

Ooh brilliant!
I just know if I was working Christmas Day on the wards how happy we'd be if it was announced as number 1 thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now