Talk

Advanced search

To want to buy a disguise and wear it for evermore

(32 Posts)
RadicalFace Mon 21-Dec-15 08:20:40

I went on an amazing date last night but am VERY out of practice

So much so, that when it came to goodbyes and what have you, I missed his cue to give me a kiss and - reader, I admit it - I shook his bloody sodding hand I don't know wtf I was thinking

I need to brazen it out! We can't see each other for a few weeks at least due to childcare ishoos. We've chatted but all a bit meh now, I don't blame the poor bugger

fuuuuuuuuuckety fuck <mainlines prosecco> winewinewinewine

DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn Mon 21-Dec-15 08:24:29

Can you jokingly say "I can't believe I shook your hand last night! I'm such an idiot!"

DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn Mon 21-Dec-15 08:24:54

TBH, I suspect I would have done the same though smile

RadicalFace Mon 21-Dec-15 08:26:47

I can't sad

I did message saying I'd had a nice time and to try and organise seeing him again. It goes without saying that it's my "turn" now to step up and invite him on the next date...!

I just feel like the moment's gone! I don't want to discuss it with him!

RadicalFace Mon 21-Dec-15 08:27:03

<wibble>

RadicalFace Mon 21-Dec-15 08:28:20

Oh thank you doesnt that's so lovely to say, but you definitely wouldn't have!! No one would! I genuinely don't know what I was thinking - serious brain fart/mind fuck

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn Mon 21-Dec-15 09:58:29

but you definitely wouldn't have!!

Oh I would have. That or something equally silly smile I am socially inept grin

DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn Mon 21-Dec-15 09:59:58

I bet you could sent my suggestion as a text, even if you couldn't say it. Make a joke of it. I would have to grit my teeth and build up the courage to do so but I think I could send a text even if I couldn't say it.

Imnotaslimjim Mon 21-Dec-15 12:09:00

I agree, send the text! Make a little joke of it. Have you mentioned that you're a little out of practice? If not, you should. If he wants to stick around he'll understand

Damselindestress Mon 21-Dec-15 12:32:31

I know it's awkward but I think it's far better to send a text laughing it off as pp have suggested than to ignore the issue. If you ignore it, he might think you are not attracted to him and back off and it sounds like that isn't what you want. Address the issue instead of avoiding it and if he's the right guy you will both end up looking back and laughing about this.

MrsH1989 Mon 21-Dec-15 12:42:06

After one of our first dates my now husband hi-fived me on the door step as lingered waiting for a kiss. I still married him!

OfficeGirl1969 Mon 21-Dec-15 12:58:30

Oh bless you, am sure he won't have taken it badly! I'd be tempted to text "thanks for a lovely night...incidentally, here's the kiss i really should have given you x"

smile

helenahandbag Mon 21-Dec-15 13:02:55

On our first date, I made a massive announcement about how tiny DP's ears are. I then told him the wrong train time so he missed the last train and had to sleep on my couch.

When he asked me "properly" to be his girlfriend, I jokingly said no (why??) and really upset him.

When he proposed, I waffled on and on about inappropriate quotes on the placards around the area and didn't notice that he was on the ground with a ring until I'd finished my painfully boring monologue.

I swear, living with me must be like living with Mr Bean blush

Iambubbles86 Mon 21-Dec-15 13:26:50

I set the table on fire in a restaurant on mine and DPS 2nd date blush

StarkyTheDirewolf Mon 21-Dec-15 13:31:37

* thanks for a lovely night...incidentally, here's the kiss i really should have given you x"*

^^ Do that, that's smooth as fuck! The first time Dh arrived me to pick me up he was earlier much earlier, like 4 hours earlier than I'd anticipated. I opened the door announced "oh I thought you were the postman!" With a cig hanging out of my mouth and a t-shirt that said 'ask me about my t-rex' on! Then spilled a drink on my dog who I'd drawn eyebrows on a few hours earlier and inexplicably adopted a funny walk I demonstrated lunges whilst walking to the resteraunt. He still married me!

AlpacaStockingFullOfChocolate Mon 21-Dec-15 13:33:55

Starky, you sound brilliant!
If you weren't already married then I would ask you out!

OTheHugeManatee Mon 21-Dec-15 15:55:25

On my first date with DH, we were sitting there nattering in a bar at the end of a lovely evening and I completely missed his cue that he was about to zoom in for a kiss and just kept on blathering. Eventually he said 'Can you please stop talking for a moment, I want to kiss you'.

Reader, I stopped talking grin

StarkyTheDirewolf Mon 21-Dec-15 16:16:10

fgrin thanks alpaca Dh says it was a combination of my wit, humour and massive arse which first attracted him to me! Which was funny as I was just trying to be normal with a hint of seductive...clearly I failed there!

BabinskiReflex Mon 21-Dec-15 16:53:24

OP you sound a lot like me wink

nortonhouse Mon 21-Dec-15 16:53:43

take officegirl's excellent advice asap!! And then let us know what he says!

Moonriver1 Mon 21-Dec-15 16:55:38

Starky I am howling here!

You all sound bloody mad and marvellous!

OfficeGirl1969 Mon 21-Dec-15 22:31:07

Radical, I really want to know what's happened since!

(Loving the suggestion of my advice being "smooth"....currently floating around in a little bubble at finally not being utterly uncool! grin )

Everyone here is brilliantly bonkers, so happy we found like minded loons!

TimeToMuskUp Mon 21-Dec-15 22:33:34

I sneezed on DH's hand on our first date. Fell off a kerb on our second. He believed I was drunk both times, I never dared explain that actually, I'm just a dick all the time.

londonrach Mon 21-Dec-15 22:44:09

Grabs the popcorn and settles in for more tales. Did agree office girl response is very smooth! The day i meet dh he sat next to me on the train and ignored me whilst reading the sun! He admitted later he was nervous and he didnt know what to say to me. He also had never read the sun prior or after that being more a telegraph reader. My dsis told me he wasnt interested!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now