Talk

Advanced search

To call the council re parking on my road?

(4 Posts)
gBean Sun 20-Dec-15 23:04:40

People park on my quiet, tucked away road in the most haphazard manner. I have a large drive so it doesn't affect me other than negotiating a slalom of badly parked cars when I'm driving down the road. Tonight, however, an ambulance couldn't get through and ended up parking round the corner and paramedics had to run up the street. What if that had been a life or death situation or a fire engine? I want to call the council and suggest double yellow lines on one side of the road but wonder if I'm being daft.

Thoughts appreciated.

notquitehuman Sun 20-Dec-15 23:13:26

It's worth giving them a call if you're concerned. However, they're not likely to do much with one complaint. Would any neighbours be willing to voice their concerns too?

I sympathise. My road is always chocka, and idiots park here to walk to the station, even though it's a good 15 minutes away. Drives me mad!

Scholes34 Sun 20-Dec-15 23:41:00

Try contacting your councillor in the first instance to see if they would push forward any proposals or raise your concerns in the appropriate forum.

UnderTheGreenwoodTree Sun 20-Dec-15 23:56:45

School run mums park on both sides of the road at the school round the corner from us - a car could fit through, but not a fire engine. They've been warned that in an emergency, the fire engine would barge through.

I almost want it happen, well not really, but you know what I mean

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now