Talk

Advanced search

To let this friendship slide?

(13 Posts)
Flamingoblue1 Sun 20-Dec-15 15:58:23

Hello all. Need some help!
I have a friend and I'm wondering whether to let the friendship slide. We used to go out a lot and contact each other lots. She knows my core friendship group too although they're not close friends with her if that makes sense but they like her.
Last Xmas her attitude appeared to alter she decided she no longer like going out that's fair enough. She spend some nights out with a gob on and went home early. A few weeks later I got engaged and on Facebook so congratulated etc but when I met her the following week she showed no interest in the ring etc and told me how crap her life was. A few months after this she moved with her bf about 3 hour away. We tried to meet about 3 times in this time and she either gave me the wrong time or was evasive. She came on my hen do but buggered off with someone we barely know and went back to her house to do drugs! Should I bother? I think I've answered my own question!

redexpat Sun 20-Dec-15 16:02:57

Drugs? Steer well clear.

Flamingoblue1 Sun 20-Dec-15 16:08:18

To be fair red the drugs is not a regular thing with her at all so that did shock me but she's an adult. I think sometimes she's so desperate to be liked she just goes along with things which is stupid I know !

Faye12345 Sun 20-Dec-15 16:36:43

Is her jealously a factor?

LaLyra Sun 20-Dec-15 16:51:09

If she's changed and drugs are part of her life I'd steer well clear as that could suggest there is more than that one time going on.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 20-Dec-15 17:43:48

If it were my friend and she was telling me her life was crap. I'd be asking her what was wrong and if there was anything I could do to help. She's probably feeling a bit melancholy, op. You know you're getting engaged and her life is crap.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 20-Dec-15 17:44:39

Sorry you've got engaged and her life is crap and you're wanting her to celebrate.

Goingtobeawesome Sun 20-Dec-15 17:45:11

Well she's not desperate to be liked by you.

hibbleddible Sun 20-Dec-15 17:48:07

It sounds like she is letting the friendship slide anyway.

Maybe stop contacting her and see what happens?

CoffeeCoffeeAndLotsOfIt Sun 20-Dec-15 17:50:40

How interested have you been regarding her life being crap?

If you haven't shown much interest in that, it's hardly surprising that she hasn't shown interest in your new ring...

redexpat Sun 20-Dec-15 18:03:08

Perhaps its more a case of your lives are moving in different directions now.

Flamingoblue1 Sun 20-Dec-15 18:34:30

I have supported her several times including answering late night calls etc regarding her life being crap in her opinion. All I ever get when I have problems is 'oh well'. I actually will let it slide as I do feel I'm putting more in than I'm getting out. Sometimes peoples lives go in separate directions true but I've never seen that as a barrier to friendship.

CoffeeCoffeeAndLotsOfIt Sun 20-Dec-15 19:03:25

In that case I don't think it's unreasonable to let it slide.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now