Talk

Advanced search

to be pissed off

(17 Posts)
winkywinkola Sun 20-Dec-15 14:50:55

that h has told ds1 we are getting a play station 4 for Christmas.

It was meant to be a surprise but h has got a big mouth.

I was also using it as leverage forgo of behaviour for ds1 in the lead up to Christmas.

I explained this to h.

doitanyways Sun 20-Dec-15 14:53:52

How old is DS1?

winkywinkola Sun 20-Dec-15 14:55:17

It's for the family. Not just him. But he thinks it is just for him.

goodnightdarthvader1 Sun 20-Dec-15 14:56:03

Wtf? Does he actually understand how xmas works? Or is he a total moron?

LeaLeander Sun 20-Dec-15 14:56:12

Yanbu. How immature of your DH to blab.

OddSocksHighHeels Sun 20-Dec-15 15:00:19

Why did he tell him?

That's not how Xmas works with kids!

winkywinkola Sun 20-Dec-15 15:00:57

Because he's got a big gob. That's why.

Enjolrass Sun 20-Dec-15 15:02:55

I was also using it as leverage forgo of behaviour for ds1 in the lead up to Christmas

I don't get this bit.

But Yanbu. Although if it's for the whole family it's not really his present or his surprise.

Why did dh tell and why does he think it's just his?

handslikecowstits Sun 20-Dec-15 15:06:43

Some people are crap at keeping secrets OP. I don't tell a certain relative of mine anything because she has a gob on her like the Mersey Tunnel. It's harder when you're married to him/her so you have my sympathy.

YANBU

Oysterbabe Sun 20-Dec-15 15:17:22

How ridiculous.
Must be hard work for you having two children to look after.

Hiddlesnake Sun 20-Dec-15 15:21:46

My dh is like this. He is a terrible liar (which is a good thing) but it means he's always truthful (which can be a bad thing). Nothing can be secret. Drives me nuts.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Sun 20-Dec-15 15:27:12

I think that's meant to be "leverage for good behaviour".

Your DH does indeed have a big gob. So does mine - he's under pain of extreme unpleasantness if he happens to mention to DS1 the fishing rod that FC will be bringing him (DS1 is 8, it's probably the last year of believing in Santa that we'll get out of him).

ThumbWitchesAbroad Sun 20-Dec-15 15:28:29

Oh and yes, MIL also has a big gob on her when it comes to family business, but she's good enough about not telling the children what presents they're getting! Still haven't quite forgiven her for blabbing to her family about my personal medical history though, that was unnecessarily rude.

smileygrapefruit Sun 20-Dec-15 15:30:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

smileygrapefruit Sun 20-Dec-15 15:31:10

Ffs so sorry meant to start a new thread with that!

TheCarpenter Sun 20-Dec-15 15:31:10

Why on earth would he ruin it?

DSs knows what DH is getting for Christmas and are very excited to give it to him, managed to keep traps shut though.

That's going be a fucker of an anti-climax on Christmas day.

Ipsos Sun 20-Dec-15 15:44:43

I have the same problem as your dh. My ds has never been under any illusions about Christmas or Santa or anything, because as soon as he starts cross-examining me I crack and admit everything. He is okay with that because he was never that keen on having strange men in red suits coming down the chimney anyway. He is 5.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now