Talk

Advanced search

To think Ferrero rocher is a lazy gift!!

(98 Posts)
MrsA2015 Sat 19-Dec-15 19:17:36

Ferrero rocher are nice I guess, but to give as a gift at a party you've had plenty of notice of...probably being totally U and ungrateful. Boxes of roses and quality street also fall into this bracket of lazy gifts IMO...

Creatureofthenight Sat 19-Dec-15 19:20:46

YABU! I love Ferreros but would never buy them for myself.
What should they have brought?

SmallLegsOrSmallEggs Sat 19-Dec-15 19:20:51

Yup..ungrateful.

If it was your one and only Christmas present you might have a point. But its just a token gift if it is for a party.

originalmavis Sat 19-Dec-15 19:21:56

Go no I love them.

ethelb Sat 19-Dec-15 19:22:31

No, yanbu. My Granny used to get a box of Maltesers wrapped up from her v rich step mother and half sister and it still makes me angry for her. She was always so gracious too envy

ethelb Sat 19-Dec-15 19:23:12

That was her xmas pressie btw in case that wasn't clear!

Moomintroll85 Sat 19-Dec-15 19:23:33

Personally I would rather receive consumable lazy gifts - you get enjoyment from them and then they are gone, not hanging around cluttering up my (tiny) house.

SoWhite Sat 19-Dec-15 19:24:32

Its an acquaintance present - like a token gift from a distance aunt or a work colleague.

It is a lazy present from immediate family.

BoGrainger Sat 19-Dec-15 19:24:38

Give them to me. I can never have enough FRgrin

dementedpixie Sat 19-Dec-15 19:24:40

I read that as a lazy git!

ghnocci Sat 19-Dec-15 19:25:12

Yanbu. It's a bit old school and last minute garage purchase like. Plenty of reasonably priced, more modern, nice chocolate around - I'd rather be given something from Aldi or Lidl.

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Sat 19-Dec-15 19:25:41

YABU, it's no lazier than wine, or a fancy box of chocolates. Ferrero rocher are delicious, I would much rather them than some liqueurs or the like that I wouldn't eat.

Nataleejah Sat 19-Dec-15 19:25:43

Yabu.
Unless you're allergic.

TheGreenNinja Sat 19-Dec-15 19:26:13

Yabu, I bloody love Ferrero rocher! As long as it's not one of those horrible boxes of different flavour ones, yuck.
Send 'em here if you don't want them.

Doublebubblebubble Sat 19-Dec-15 19:26:23

It is a lazy gift but a very very appreciated one in my household....

Lweji Sat 19-Dec-15 19:28:50

In my case, it wouldn't be appreciated. Would rather have Belgian style seashells. Or any other chocolates.

claig Sat 19-Dec-15 19:30:53

YABU, they are lovely and a gift is a gift, don't knock it

MrsGentlyBenevolent Sat 19-Dec-15 19:31:00

Send them to me! Ferrero's are always on my xmas list, have been for years. Had the biggest box last year, they didn't last an hour. It's like posh Nutella, and who doesn't love Nutella? What would you rather, Thorntons? Urgh, now that's boring, old school stuff.

diddl Sat 19-Dec-15 19:31:20

Aren't chocs, wine flowers all lazy gifts though?

Doesn't mean that they aren't appreciated does it?

Tuiles Sat 19-Dec-15 19:31:26

I've gone right off them since someone posted a video on FB of them opening wrapper after wrapper of in-date chocolate that were infested with some kind of larvae, moths I think. Lots of background squealing as her colleagues realised it was the same box they had been tucking into previously. Apparently they had phoned customer services and been told it was a common problem.

So I would look at a box of them in a new light now (and probably bin them)!

3littlebadgers Sat 19-Dec-15 19:32:31

I love them! And as others have said at least they can be used without cluttering up the place.

Scarletforya Sat 19-Dec-15 19:33:09

It's an actual insult really. Nasty cheap, pound shop crap!

MistressMerryWeather Sat 19-Dec-15 19:33:49

Oh Tuiles, why, oh why did you have to post that? fsad

MrsA2015 Sat 19-Dec-15 19:34:23

It's immediate family.. considering they've turned their noses up at others gifting them with chocolates or Thornton stuff. Ah well still going to scoff em. Think I'm just in a rotten mood covered in DDs vomit and running on 3 hours broken sleepenvy

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Sat 19-Dec-15 19:34:39

Ferrero Rocher are not even nice, so I would consider them a very lazy gift. DD receives them from one set of grandparents for birthdays, Easter and Christmas. She has had a nut allergy from the age of about 8, she is now 23. fconfused Lazy doesn't even begin to describe it, really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now