Talk

Advanced search

To think the menopause is really expensive?

(12 Posts)
80sWaistcoat Sat 19-Dec-15 17:03:44

There's the vitamins and verbal sups, the lube, having to wash the sheets every other day because of the night sweats. My sweat has started to smell weird so I can only wear natural fibres, hair needs washed every day...

PreAdvent13610 Sat 19-Dec-15 17:06:16

And the cost of HRT prescriptions sad

MatildaTheCat Sat 19-Dec-15 17:06:50

None of the above, thankfully but a lost phone, purse and rail pass have certainly been expensive and a total pita.

HRT sorted the hot flushes but didn't seem to sort out my brain malfunction. fsad

80sWaistcoat Sat 19-Dec-15 17:09:52

Oh and nearly had the cost of a divorce before HRT. ....HRT prescriptions are probably cheaper.

noeffingidea Sat 19-Dec-15 17:14:42

I didn't spend any money on the menopause, apart from extra tampons when I was going through the extended heavy period phase.

Truckingalong Sat 19-Dec-15 17:16:33

Sage supplements - £25 a month thank you very much.

notapizzaeater Sat 19-Dec-15 17:18:41

Yup, spend a bloody fortune on 'natural' hrt as well as hrt patches :-(. Tried to wean myself off the natural stuff but nope it all got hit and sweaty again.

Topseyt Sat 19-Dec-15 17:21:30

Expensive on sanitary protection because of very heavy periods (flooding). Not had the rest yet, but it could yet happen at 49.

Otherwise, it is more of an irritant than anything. My previously good memory has gone down the pan and my sleep patterns are all over the place. Grrrrrrr.

80sWaistcoat Sat 19-Dec-15 17:25:48

notapizzaeater good typo 'hit and sweaty' just about sums it up!

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 19-Dec-15 17:27:07

Yes it is expensive. angry

I didn't choose HRT after my Hysterectomy but did buy a supplement which I felt was worth the money at the time, it was £36 for 3 months supply or £13 a bottle for 28 days supply..

I gradually reduced them then stopped buying but still buy other supplements for general health.

Maryz Sat 19-Dec-15 17:56:51

Have you mentioned the cost of wine and chocolate

My consumption of both went up enormously as I went slowly bonkers [sigh]

Costacoffeeplease Sat 19-Dec-15 18:11:21

I don't think I've spent anything on it - hysterectomy 3 years ago so I've actually saved on sanpro, and I haven't taken any supplements - I had a few hot flushes about a year after the op (one ovary left, but they tend to conk out relatively soon apparently) and my sleep isn't brilliant, but apart from that I think I'm past the worst and starting to come out the other side. I've just turned 50

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now