Talk

Advanced search

to be fed up with all this

(15 Posts)
PurpleGreenAvocado Sat 19-Dec-15 14:53:52

DH's friend has just posted on FB about the 20 bottles of wine, including 5 magnums which are for the bath. Also in the picture are their three immaculate sons.
By contrast,my house is shabby, needs painting, the laundry is mounting up because we have no tumble drier and drying outside isn't an option today. I've said to the DCs (both teens) that they were expected to help round the house today so we can get the tree up tonight, fair enough one is working at the moment but has decided to go out straight from work. The other is on the xbox and isn't prepared to help; we've had a row about that.
I've been ill for the last three weeks and feel like crap, Christmas can be cancelled for all I care.
DH is away with work at the moment so can't help. I'll be glad when the holidays are over and can go back to work.

OwlinaTree Sat 19-Dec-15 14:55:20

Step away from face book, it's not real. Hope you feel better soon.

Oysterbabe Sat 19-Dec-15 15:08:17

I don't understand about the wine bath.

19lottie82 Sat 19-Dec-15 15:19:29

And do you think your friend (and everyone else) posts about the crap parts of her life? No. So try not to worry about it!

Euphemia Sat 19-Dec-15 16:15:12

Bottles of wine for the bath??? fconfused

AuntieStella Sat 19-Dec-15 16:39:25

I took the wine bath to mean part of Perfect Preparations for Perfect Party for a Perfectly Popular Perfect family.

OP: most people are not perfect, or if they are it's only once in a blue moon.

If it makes you feel better, my DC are rarely clean simultaneously. And the only things in my bath right now are limescale stains.

BolshierAryaStark Sat 19-Dec-15 16:49:37

Just remind yourself that people only post about the good stuff on FB & the majority of it is bullshit anyway.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sat 19-Dec-15 16:51:19

Don't compare your life to someone else's highlights reel.

Nobody posts the million and one photos they took trying to get the perfect shot, or the massive argument they had to get the kids in the shot, or that they've already drunk half that wine to get over taking that shot.

PurpleGreenAvocado Sat 19-Dec-15 16:55:40

Thanks folks. I was feeling too sorry for myself earlier. Who gives a f* about their million pound house and perfect lifestyle grin

GloriaHotcakes Sat 19-Dec-15 16:56:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

whatdoIget Sat 19-Dec-15 16:56:32

Comparison is the thief of joy. I'm trying REALLY hard to remember this. It's not always easy though!

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Sat 19-Dec-15 17:02:44

Back when I had FB every picture on there showed an immaculate house.

I used to pick the tidiest corner of the room, chuck any crap in it out of shot, baby wipe my dcs faces and take a perfect picture grin sometimes appearances aren't everything.

Counttheshadows Sat 19-Dec-15 17:27:21

Wine for the bath?

CoffeeCoffeeAndLotsOfIt Sat 19-Dec-15 18:16:40

Brilliant Elsa - I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that.

Appearances can be deceptive.

Fugghetaboutit Sat 19-Dec-15 18:37:11

I don't have a tumble dryer, use a clothes horse? With heating on dries in a day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now