Talk

Advanced search

To be pissed off and a bit upset re parcel??

(10 Posts)
sparkofnaturesfire Sat 19-Dec-15 05:49:26

I've just got up (pregnant, the usual middle of the night wakening) and there's a large parcel on my dining room table that DP brought in after getting home from work at 3am.

It's addressed to me and it's been completely opened. It's a gift for my DS (3yo) from a family member, a large magnetic drawing board branded with his favourite tv show.

The lovely lady who sent it is an elderly distant relative who always sends us gifts for birthdays/Christmas even though I haven't seen or spoken to her since I was about 10yo. Apart from a thank you note and photos I send yearly upon receipt of a gift. She always wraps the gift for DS and sends a Christmas card for us all in the parcel.

The gift was unwrapped i.e. no Christmas paper, no card, no name tag and the box it came delivered in was fully open.

We live in a secure entry building with a convoluted address i.e. house number, building name then building number, street name. There are 3 buildings altogether with separate entrances. The address was written out perfectly, there could be no mistake who/where it was for.

I woke DP to ask where he found it, he said on the stairs just inside the main door and it was like that when he got it.

Some bastard has taken in my parcel, opened the box, UNWRAPPED the CHILDREN'S toy and done god knows what with the Christmas card angrysad

I'm so annoyed. It's OBVIOUS who it's for (i.e. the address) and the sender's address is written twice over the back of the box.

DP is also raging, he thinks someone had taken it in, opened it thinking result! Then realised it's for a kid, felt guilty and tried to get it to us angry I don't even know what company delivered it as it's not royal mail.

My buzzer went late last night so I let whoever in and looked through the spy hole but didn't see anyone. Now I'm thinking it was whoever had the parcel.

I know I should be thankful that at least I got it back but still!!

I did all my Christmas shopping online and got everything delivered to my mum's except for ONE thing for my dad - a very expensive personalised Swiss army knife. I didn't want to get it delivered there in case anything on the packaging gave it away. Ended up my dad brought DS home one day and the parcel was sitting propped up against my front door!! So my dad ended up bloody seeing it anyway! And it could've been taken since it was left there.

What is wrong with people?! Sorry it's so long, really needed a rant since DP is now (rightly) sleeping grin

bittapitta Sat 19-Dec-15 05:55:32

That is a bit shit. But you can't do anything about it, no way you can find out who did it. In future can you or DP accept parcels at work? I get everything delivered to my dh's work as there is always someone there to receive (well, between 7&7!) - I even tell family to post stuff there.

honeysucklejasmine Sat 19-Dec-15 06:05:58

Oh that's awful! At least there's nothing missing but it's such a shame you can't trust your neighbours. sad

sparkofnaturesfire Sat 19-Dec-15 06:13:00

I think I'll just need to get everything delivered to my mum's in future. When the baby comes no doubt we'll receive gifts from family so will just need to make it clear to send anything there.

Why can't the delivery drivers get it right? We ordered a hoover once, no missed parcel card through the door. Over 2 weeks later and no sign so I phoned the company and spent over an hour on the phone to them and royal mail to find out it had been sitting in the post office for the past 2 weeks! I went to collect it and the staff said they were getting ready to send it back because no one had collected it. Well I didn't bloody know anything about it being delivered!

Another time I got my new mobile phone delivered to my mum's, I received a text saying it had been delivered so phoned my mum to check. No it hadn't. Called the company who said it had been signed for! An hour later my mum phoned saying someone two streets away with the same surname as me had it delivered to them even though the address was different?! The postie had seen the surname and assumed it was for them even though it was a completely different address angry

I'm cursed when it comes to deliveries.

sparkofnaturesfire Sat 19-Dec-15 06:15:13

I know I've got it now which is the main thing but my stomach just dropped when I saw it sad Thinking of the time and effort this lady had went to (delivery alone was a fiver) and that my son might not have ever received it.

blueturtle6 Sat 19-Dec-15 06:36:47

Was it Hermes that delivered it? I always have issue with them. DPD on other hand are amazing sent me a picture of a parcel I sent in safe place. Needs to be some kind of service level.

sparkofnaturesfire Sat 19-Dec-15 08:41:29

I really don't know the delivery company. There's nothing on the postage part to give it away.

sparkofnaturesfire Sat 19-Dec-15 08:57:31

Actually, upon further inspection and more sleep, it was royal mail.

thecatsarecrazy Sat 19-Dec-15 09:09:35

Oh that's shit op but I guess at least you have it. I ordered some flavoured coffee online last week as they have stopped selling it in Tesco. I paid about a fiver just for delivery and itv was left on the door step. Luckily my dh was off that day if he hadn't have been it would have been left all day. I complained to company just to be told they have no control over how things are delivered. Anyone who was dishonest could have denied receiving it.

honeysucklejasmine Sat 19-Dec-15 10:11:33

Can you contact RM to find out where they delivered it to?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now