Talk

Advanced search

To let the dh wrap presents this year for nieces and nephews

(7 Posts)
Shawaddywaddy1969 Fri 18-Dec-15 22:09:09

I don't know their presents. Dh purchased them from a list given out by his siblings. For the past six years I have lovingly wrapped and labelled. Tonight I'm saying "fuck this".
If I had the pleasure of choosing a gift I would be here right now taking time ,pride and care to wrap and label. But increasingly we are being instructed on what exactly to buy. Can't be arsed anymore. Bah humbug.

Mmmmcake123 Fri 18-Dec-15 22:12:11

Should your aibu be 'to be annoyed that gifts are being requested?'

Mmmmcake123 Fri 18-Dec-15 22:16:57

Sorry OP I'm so of the mindset that it is one less thing to think about that I would be happy for list and also happy for someone else to wrap. However you seem to really enjoy choosing and wrapping so I do understand it must be very annoying.
I posted too quick brew xx

Leeds2 Fri 18-Dec-15 23:02:29

Yes, let OH wrap and deliver them.

AgentZigzag Fri 18-Dec-15 23:12:27

Are you thinking that he'll make a pig's ear of it which will loudly illustrate what you think of your DN's parent's crappy lists?

If you are, of course you're not being unreasonable! grin

The children won't care how it's wrapped.

abbieanders Fri 18-Dec-15 23:16:43

I never get involved in what my husband does for gifts on his side of the family, and he does the same with mine. It works. If they want to give each other lists, surely that's no skin off your nose? And why would you be wrapping them?

Krampus Fri 18-Dec-15 23:55:34

I exchange list ideas with my siblings, my husband does the same with his. It's just the way some families do it because we dont know what they already have, need or are currently into.

Yanbu to let your dp wrap the presents, regardless of how the gift ideas came about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now