Talk

Advanced search

To give my DN's multiple presents when Santa's coming?

(7 Posts)
YourLittlePlantPot Fri 18-Dec-15 14:05:17

My wife and I have no kids but a really close relationship with my DB's children. We absolutely adore them and seem to have amassed a few more presents than we intended but now I'm worrying I might piss DB and SIL off with the amount. It's not overly expensive but is quite a big pile

I can't ask them as both aren't overly approachable

FWIW they have each got
One big toy (think train set type)
A bubble gun blower
Dressing up costume/teddy all in one
Selection box
Gold chocolate coins

Is this ok or would you throw a fit with this coming two days before xmas? They won't really get from anyone else either (GPs all buy clothes)

EatShitDerek Fri 18-Dec-15 14:07:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

drinkyourmilk Fri 18-Dec-15 14:08:25

We've bought a large toy for our neice, plus a tea set and an annual.
She will be spoilt by everyone.
She's the only child in our immediate family. I think sil and bil have just given up wink

TeenAndTween Fri 18-Dec-15 14:10:19

I think it's fine.

But

Are you expecting them to open the presents early, or for them to save them until Christmas?

Maybe give the coins to be opened early but everything else is saved for the big day?

(and have you also supplied some bubble mixture?)

ThatsNotMyHouseItIsTooClean Fri 18-Dec-15 14:15:36

Do you know what they are getting from their parents? However generous, I'd be very annoyed if my DC opened a train set two days before Christmas and that was what I had sitting under the tree waiting for them.

YourLittlePlantPot Fri 18-Dec-15 14:21:18

I know what Santa's brought. They're going across the country to spend Christmas with SILs mum and then we're going on holiday so won't be seeing them again to mid January

I've read to many threads here recently about parents being offended by present giving and panicked!

Thanks all smile

ThatsNotMyHouseItIsTooClean Fri 18-Dec-15 14:42:30

In that case, it sounds great. All are things with plenty of play value or consumables so I imagine both your DN and SIL will be delighted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now