Talk

Advanced search

To think that this delivery driver was unreasonable?

(10 Posts)
NaNaNaBatman Fri 18-Dec-15 12:46:29

I always take in deliveries for next door, I've had loads over Christmas as they both work and a delivery driver came to my door today and asked if I would take another.

I agreed and he went to get it out of his van, he came walking up to my door with a 52" TV in his arms. I have a tiny house and 2 young DC running around so I said that I'm sorry but it really was too big and I have no where to put it and I wouldn't want to have it here with my DC who may knock it over etc.

He gave me a look and said 'well you could have told me that before I got it out of the van' and turned to put it back.

Whilst he was walking away I said that he didn't tell me it was so big and I'm sorry but I really don't have the room, he ignored me and I closed the door.

AIBU to think that his reaction was OOT was in unnecessarily rude?

ceebie Fri 18-Dec-15 12:48:04

He's taken it away again, so I don't know why you're giving him any further thought.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Fri 18-Dec-15 12:50:10

I guess he just didn't think. Like you didn't think to say; "Okay, if it's small".

It's no big deal, he took it away. Don't sweat it.

BlueMoonRising Fri 18-Dec-15 12:50:36

Umm - he was carrying a large TV. Did you want him to stop and chat while he was holding it?

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Fri 18-Dec-15 12:54:50

Really? You are massively overthinking. Just forget about it.

TheFairyCaravan Fri 18-Dec-15 12:57:16

I can't see what he did wrong. fconfused

gamerchick Fri 18-Dec-15 12:57:20

For future reference, if the driver hasn't got he parcel in his hands when he asks then it's a big one.

I have the same type of neighbours. A million parcels and they're never in.

LyndaNotLinda Fri 18-Dec-15 13:00:31

YANBU - he was rude.

Marynary Fri 18-Dec-15 13:57:07

YANBU. I take in items for neighbours all the time and I have always been warned if it is a large and/or heavy item. Apart from the fact that it is hard to store large items it could be annoying to have to wait for the neighbour to pick the item up if I am unable to carry it myself (bad back).

CoffeeCoffeeAndLotsOfIt Fri 18-Dec-15 18:26:46

He's probably forgotten all about it - so should you. You sound nice in that it's still bothering you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now