Talk

Advanced search

to think opening times should be opening times

(20 Posts)
tuilamum Thu 17-Dec-15 15:08:36

DP went to the dentist yesterday and like a plum he left his jacket there with his wallet in it... Didn't notice until we were going out, so we head down there and arrive about 2ish, sign outside says they're closed between 1&2pm for lunch, we already knew this which was why we got there for 2 and it was still shut
We then waited 40 minutes before finally giving up and going home, DP is now down there again no idea if its now open or not
AIBU to think this is unacceptable? I'm guessing they're going to say that they didn't have any appointments but surely people drop in to make appointments all the time, plus phone in and there was no one by the phones either.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Thu 17-Dec-15 15:12:32

YANBU.

What if you were waiting outside the door with a handful of blood and broken teeth for 40 mins?

InTheBox Thu 17-Dec-15 15:13:14

Yanbu. Opening times should be opening times but didn't your DP notice it was a little chilly outside when he left without a jacket?

Enjolrass Thu 17-Dec-15 15:20:27

Our doctors closes an afternoon every so often for training.

It wouldn't be on the opening schedule. Maybe this is what happened?

tuilamum Thu 17-Dec-15 15:21:23

He says he was all numb and didn't notice much else grin
He's back now, they're still shut and we've just left a message on their answer phone.
I was polite but if I have to leave another one I might get a little snooty

tuilamum Thu 17-Dec-15 15:22:52

Enjolrass surely it would be on their website? Or a sign outside? Our doctors do too but its widely advertised and hard to miss

Enjolrass Thu 17-Dec-15 15:25:06

Our doctor only has signs inside, so you only see it when you are in waiting room.

They don't take appointments on those afternoons so if you just rocked up, you wouldn't know.

Not saying it's a good way to do it, just wondering if that's what happened.

tuilamum Thu 17-Dec-15 15:29:13

DP was in there yesterday he says that there wasn't anything up about it... I'm not trying to be argumentative I've just got a very stressed DP pacing our flat wanting his wallet back and I'm a little peeved for him

Spilose Thu 17-Dec-15 15:31:04

It's frustrating. Did tou try phoning them?

tuilamum Thu 17-Dec-15 15:38:01

Phoned 4 times, says they're shut and I've left a voicemail being as polite as possible asking them to call us when we can collect the jacket

Dipankrispaneven Thu 17-Dec-15 15:49:33

Is it just one dentist? Maybe he's had an emergency?

tuilamum Fri 18-Dec-15 10:23:37

The idiot found his jacket in the bottom of the wardrobe this morning. I could fucking kill him. fangry

StealthPolarBear Fri 18-Dec-15 10:26:41

How did he pay?
Or do you think he did come hime with it then forgot

Dipankrispaneven Fri 18-Dec-15 10:28:06

Wow, tuilamum, I think a slow and painful murder could well be in order.

MathsFiend Fri 18-Dec-15 10:29:07

HahahHa, that is classic!

At least you didn't go in and argue with them!

Witchend Fri 18-Dec-15 10:43:30

grin

Reminds me of when df lost a cheque book. He turned the house upside down, then cycled down to the village <lots of swearing involved> to cancel the cheque book.
When he'd gone dm thought she'd just check in the place he normally kept the cheque books and there, sitting right on top, was the missing cheque book. She phoned the Halifax just as he walked in.

tuilamum Fri 18-Dec-15 10:56:05

StealthPolarBear its part of ongoing treatment so all paid for I advance till its finished
Witchend I can see DP doing that... 4 of his family members plus him were here doing up our flat a couple of months ago and none of them could find this particular thing, I walked into the kitchen (which they'd all checked) and went "what? This?"
I'm so glad my voicemail was polite now, I already missed a call from them this morning ... They must be so confused!
I will have to think up some suitable payback - suggestions welcome grin

Dipankrispaneven Fri 18-Dec-15 11:54:01

I still have bitter memories of the time we were due to go on holiday to Ireland. I was determined to have a non-stressful start to the journey so was up till 3 a.m. making sure absolutely everything was packed and organised. DH had to travel back for work purposes during the holiday and had booked plane tickets. The following morning he couldn't find his sodding tickets for anything and turned much of the house upside down looking for them, with much swearing. I asked if he'd checked the hall table where he would normally put such things and nearly got my head bitten off and told of course he'd looked there first. By this time the entire family was beyond stressed. Eventually DH drove off to his office with even more swearing to see if he'd left them the tickets there. Whilst he was out I thought I'd double check the hall table - you've guessed it. When we eventually left, we spent much of the journey in a very tight-lipped silence.

RB68 Fri 18-Dec-15 12:08:45

A favourite saying of mine is "would you like me to look with eyes that see"...

tuilamum Fri 18-Dec-15 13:04:42

Dipan omg that sounds horrendous and yes there was much head biting this end too... With me then reminding him that he was the one who lost it not me
RB68 grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now