Talk

Advanced search

To think people are getting "ruder"

(5 Posts)
kittypaws Thu 17-Dec-15 15:04:33

People who work withing customer service/answering phones or dealing with the general public?
Called the law society in my area for some help with an issue im having the woman told me "i disturbed her when shes in a meeting" and "shes not interesting in what i have to say right now"
is there any need to speak like this?
This is just an example of a recent event.
I have constant issues with management in my housing association who are constantly rude, im not a vulnerable person so i can handle it but im sure they act the same with vulnerable people which is just disturbing tbh.

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Thu 17-Dec-15 15:14:22

I remember dealing with the Jobcentre/Housing Benefit while I was off sick and they were all vile. No place for sick people.

I think it's more of an ego issue, they need to be rude to you so they feel important.

Werksallhourz Thu 17-Dec-15 15:29:25

Yanbu. I suspect it is because people get away with it. No one ever picks them up on their rudeness.

My DM had an experience a few weeks ago when she went to a local council office. She said the employee behind the desk was foul to the customers to the point where she felt it constituted misconduct.

Werksallhourz Thu 17-Dec-15 15:33:00

Also...if you are having problems with a housing association, it's often an idea to contact one of your local councillors about it. Stuff seems to get done double quick when local councillors get involved.

OddSocksHighHeels Thu 17-Dec-15 16:02:24

Oh the JobCentre! I went in saying I needed to open a Post Office account and was told I needed to go to the Post Office. I said I was homeless and had no address so they'd sent me to the JobCentre. No, apparently they haven't done this for a year now hmm so I asked what I should do, he said there's nothing to be done and I'd just have to live without an account hmm so I told him DWP on the phone and the website say that it can be done - he says the info is all out of date. I started to get so frustrated that I was almost in tears and he shouted at me for crying shock

I asked to speak to a manager. The manager was in a meeting and wouldn't be out all day. I sat and refused to move and another adviser came over and said "let me open the account for you" and sorted it in minutes. I worry for the second advisor that he's going to be out of a job soon for being too helpful and competent

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now