Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To hate other people giving my email adress to a random website who could be dodgy / security risk

(3 Posts)
DyslexicScientist Thu 17-Dec-15 10:28:51

In my family, without my consent, another member put my email address into a secret Santa online thing.

I don't want to sound precious, but my gmail has never been hacked before and I changed over to it a year ago as my yahoo was getting spam. Now somehow I've managed to send out a spam email message to all my contacts (about wiring money that someone could of fallen for) and I've started to get random spam.

You don't put someone elses email addressed on a random site without asking them right?

Its made the system way more complicated, I don't see what the issue with drawing paper names is anyway.

WorraLiberty Thu 17-Dec-15 10:34:51

Have they said they gave them your email address?

Are you sure they didn't just manage to send out spam to everyone in their address book, like you did?

DyslexicScientist Thu 17-Dec-15 10:40:57

Yep, after they did it they sent an email tobsay they've signed us all up for this Xmas list at bla BPA dodgy site.

I know they were trying to be helpful, but really should of asked IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now