Talk

Advanced search

To expect reliable customer service from Plusnet?

(16 Posts)
Baconyum Wed 16-Dec-15 15:54:26

Argh!

Currently awaiting a call back. Reported a fault 2 weeks ago. Not fixed. Hours and hours waiting to get through to cs then more time REPEATING what the problem is. Various times been patronised, dismissed, told I'm lying!!

Now being told an engineer can't come out unless I do certain checks on my line with equipment I don't have and skills I don't have! That if I don't and they send an engineer it could cost £50 at this time of year (LP, disabled, unemployed so not got bloody £50 spare!)

Ideally I'd like reliable bb without having to have a home phone as I don't use it. So looked on virgin as they're cable so a phone line shouldn't be required but can't find info on this on their web page and can't phone as waiting on call from Plusnet! (Landline not working either, had to check this as part of their checks).

I accept faults occur BUT I don't accept poor customer service and faults not being fixed within a reasonable amount of time without incurring further cost to the customer!

Are there better ISP's or are they all shit?

hellsbellsmelons Wed 16-Dec-15 16:25:05

From your title - Yes YABU to expect this.
Plusnet are shite!

I am now with BT and moved recently and they were shite as well.
It's a good reception and all is OK now but it took an age and lots of raging phone calls to get it all installed.

So in conclusion - they are probably all a bunch of gob-shites!

MammaTJ Wed 16-Dec-15 17:34:50

I need to change from TalkTalk!

Who can I trust?

Baconyum Wed 16-Dec-15 19:29:05

Yes I was with BT before and they were awful and bloody expensive to boot! Talk talk out for obvious reasons. Can't afford sky plus loathe to sign up to Murdoch Inc!

ShatnersBassoon Wed 16-Dec-15 19:33:12

Plusnet were very poor when they were setting up our account. Like you, I accept that things go wrong, but I couldn't believe the way every single person I spoke to there couldn't have given the tiniest shite. They must be trained to disbelieve everything they're told by customers and never ever admit they're at fault.

Baconyum Wed 16-Dec-15 19:40:23

I've been told just in context of this one issue that I'm a liar, 'confused', misunderstood. Last 2 in reference to written communication and I even checked with someone else!! They thought the same had been communicated as I did. I've been cut off mid sentence to be transferred back to a dept that had already proved useless...

It's driving me nuts!!!

treacledan71 Wed 16-Dec-15 20:09:41

I have just left frustrating talk talk and gone to virgin. Waited a month for installation and technician just left me with no Tv. Apparently need new cables leading up to.my house and he cld no be bothered to do them at time and probably done by January!! Luckily can tape on old free view box. Best thing is get a massive first bill then snotty letter as I cancelled direct debit. Very frustrating customer service except one man in technical department. Think they are all the same these companies.

Pastamancer Wed 16-Dec-15 20:10:39

Plusnet are BT

londonrach Wed 16-Dec-15 20:12:45

Plusnet has been amazing. Far the best we had. Abit surprised. Phone them as ive always found them very helpful. Good luck x

CrossfireHurricane Wed 16-Dec-15 20:18:01

I have heard that B.T actually own plusnet? ?

BahHumbugs Wed 16-Dec-15 20:23:48

Im wondering if Virgin are any good, currently working with the Ombudsman to resolve so many issues with B.T.
Because B.T literally wont listen to me & they took 5 months to provide me with a landline. So pissed off with it all.

muggedOnEbay Wed 16-Dec-15 20:36:03

Their technical support is rubbish. I fixed my own issue by searching the net. But you could try their online chat, didn't have to wait forever.

amicissimma Wed 16-Dec-15 21:57:56

I've been with them with them for years and always found them very good, polite and helpful.

Unfortunately they have no phone lines of their own so have to use BT lines and are therefore dependent on BT/Openreach engineers when problems arise with the line.

Baconyum Thu 17-Dec-15 02:14:17

Yes I know they're part of BT. Essentially everyone but virgin is as we're still reliant on BT network and old lines which are now failing - the first engineer from btor actually admitted that BT have majorly messed up by not looking after the hardware and its now all failing which is why I'm a BIT more understanding about the tech issues though tbh I think ofcom/govt should have kicked their bums into gear over this years ago. It wasn't a case of they couldn't afford it after all!!

Londonrach I'd be interested in last time you called them? Customers all over social media and their own forums because since October its been AT LEAST half an hour until you even speak to someone. One call I made it was over 1 hour 40 mins till I got through to someone!

Online chat is currently regularly 20+ often 25+ customers ahead of you. Plus if the problem is internet dropping you get kicked out of queue.

I had one call handler who not only was very rude to me but also criticised his colleagues quite bluntly and said they didn't know what they were talking about MASSIVELY unprofessional.

I've also been a customer of several years, you'll even probably find I've recommended them here. But last few months the customer and tech services have gone way downhill.

Today's 3rd call I ended up in tears and I'm no walkover. So far on this one fault I've spent approx 8 hours on the phone, either waiting or talking to someone.

Baconyum Thu 17-Dec-15 02:18:53

Oh meant to say re bt it was the high cost and repeated double billing and extra costs why I stopped dealing with them directly.

The reason for long call wait times is apparently due to an influx of new customers from talk talk. But, as a customer that is not my problem. If they can't cope with the workload they shouldn't take it on.

I do think generally utilities are very poorly governed in this country. Watchdogs have no real teeth to rein in the bad companies. The bt monopoly of the lines is one big example of this.

hellsbellsmelons Thu 17-Dec-15 09:18:31

Blimey Bah seems I got it really good then if it took 5 months for you.
That's just mental.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now