Talk

Advanced search

Coincidence?

(10 Posts)
madasa Wed 16-Dec-15 15:38:49

In recent times we have:

Put a summer house in the garden and within 2 months next door neighbours put one in their garden

Had a new kitchen fitted and within 2 months they had one fitted

Bought a puppy and within 2 months they had brought one

Could this be coincidence or are we living next to single white female?

If you're reading this Mrstrimyourbush we are planning an indoor swimming pool and a helicopter launch pad next....just so you can prepare

OddSocksHighHeels Wed 16-Dec-15 15:40:42

It could be coincidence. But just keep your doors locked in case.

madasa Wed 16-Dec-15 15:45:10

I will do Oddsocks....not really concerned but years ago was stalked by someone who turned out to be a neighbour (not where we live now) so just a tad uncomfortable but realise past experience may be contributing to any paranoia.

MoreGilmoreGirls Wed 16-Dec-15 15:47:35

Borrow some really bizarre things for your garden (I'm thinking huge plastic pink flamingos) then laugh yourselves silly when they copy and you get rid.

Crabbitface Wed 16-Dec-15 15:48:45

Maybe SWF. BUT - the houses on our street are all the same age and have all been lived in by folk who bought them in the seventies and brought up their families and are now downsizing and young families are moving in. Four different young families have moved in during the past year and all the houses are in a similar state - roof repairs needed, new kitchens needed etc. So it might look like copying but maybe it's a similar issue???? Clutching at straws...???

madasa Wed 16-Dec-15 15:48:57

I like your style More ....I was also thinking of hiring a new car each month smile

OddSocksHighHeels Wed 16-Dec-15 15:49:18

Oh no, I wasn't being serious about her being likely to break in. Sorry!

It more than likely is coincidence or she's seen your new kitchen and thought "hmm, actually ours could do with changing as well" and been inspired by you rather than copying in a creepy way.

Creepy stalker ex-neighbour sounds scary

madasa Wed 16-Dec-15 16:02:37

Tis ok Oddsocks I took it as a joke.....but won't be giving her my key any time soon so she can feed the puppy as she suggested the other day hmm

definitelybutter1 Wed 16-Dec-15 16:07:43

Are you CatThiefKeith in an earlier part of the timestream?

She let the neighbour have a spare key and it all got very, very odd indeed.

madasa Wed 16-Dec-15 16:12:53

Hi Definitely I can safely say I am not CatTheifKeith but letting the neighbours have a spare key is what led to my stalking issue (fr want of a better word) I won't be doing that again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now