Talk

Advanced search

To complain about children services in area?

(4 Posts)
Tooloudandincrediblyclose Wed 16-Dec-15 12:41:16

I've been to some great ones that helped me as a new mum but am in a new area where sessions are often cancelled without notice and the team just sit around and don't interact with kids and parents.

Ive given up on a few of their courses as the singing is so lackluster. The groups have low attendance. I know things can be better as have been to some in another region where staff are vibrant and proactive.

I've suggested changes and been met with shrugs. Am I expecting too much and being entitled? I feel like I am and should just shut up.

I so feel theres no point complaining as this is council run

Birdsgottafly Wed 16-Dec-15 16:23:11

They're be a feedback form that you can fill in.

When the service is under review, they'll take any comments from Service Users onboard.

toomuchtooold Wed 16-Dec-15 17:03:43

I don't know if complaining will achieve much these days with funding cuts but I think it's good to try. And definitely don't think it'd be entitled of you - IME a lot of users of children's centres are quite shy and not the sort to complain so you might well be voicing concerns that others share.

missymayhemsmum Wed 16-Dec-15 22:18:19

YANBU. But make positive suggestions as to how the groups could be run better rather than just complaining. Also, their groups could be a bit rubbish, but there could be lifesaving 1-1 support going on that you don't see. But yes, I'm afraid I voted with my feet from the 'professional' lacklustre, patronising, bureaucratic council childrens centre service and went to the village hall toddler group run by parent volunteers on a shoestring instead cos it was just better in every way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now