Talk

Advanced search

To want to put up a glittery Christmas tree?

(14 Posts)
mummyrunnerbean Tue 15-Dec-15 18:47:56

DH says I am and it has to go back. Throwing it open to the mumsnet jury:

Basically we ordered a tree from Very and it arrived without its trunk. Cue disappointment having got all ready for decorating etc. Duly sent it back and ordered another one from tesco, using a lot of clubcard points. Have picked it up this evening and it turns out to be glittery, and has shed a lot of glitter over the car, even through its box.

DH says we can't put it up and it will be a nightmare, DS will eat the glitter etc. I think we should just put it up because:

It's quite pretty.
I cba to find another one, do the sending back again etc.
I want to decorate TONIGHT.
I don't think I'll get my clubcard points back.
We have a roomba. And am actual vacuum cleaner. So it's not like there is no solution to a bit of glitter everywhere.
DS probably won't eat, but if he does I'm fairly sure it won't do him any harm.
As mentioned, I really really cba to source another christmas tree 🎄.

Thoughts? santa

Krampus Tue 15-Dec-15 18:49:27

After a couple of years it won't have much glitter grin

FortyFacedFuckers Tue 15-Dec-15 18:50:43

Put it up.

Also can you link it sounds fab grin

Doublebubblebubble Tue 15-Dec-15 18:50:44

Dont do it!! I agree with your dh. You will be shitting glitter for the next 20 years! Its bad enough when you get cards with glitter! I hate glitter can you tell honestly, just get a real one if you want to have to keep hoovering lol x

Doublebubblebubble Tue 15-Dec-15 18:52:45

How old is your ds... If anything Its not the eating that would be a problem it would be the inhaling

mummyrunnerbean Tue 15-Dec-15 18:54:30

It's this one - as you can see not obviously that glittery from pics! www.tesco.com/direct/65ft-christmas-tree-vienna-sparkle-tree/782-5154.prd?pageLevel=sku&skuId=782-5154

And haha I thought that Krampus!

mummyrunnerbean Tue 15-Dec-15 18:54:53

He's 17 months...

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Tue 15-Dec-15 18:55:53

Put it up.

Christmas should be sparkly

hiddenhome2 Tue 15-Dec-15 18:56:26

Vacuum it before you bring it into the house.

mummyrunnerbean Tue 15-Dec-15 19:00:12

That is a cunning thought Hiddenhome...

noeffingidea Tue 15-Dec-15 19:02:00

That's a nice tree. I would put it up and just dust and hoover every day to keep the glitter at bay.

hauntedhenry Tue 15-Dec-15 19:15:34

It looks nice in the picture. If the glitter is going to be a pita, though, send it back. Tbh 'sourcing' a Christmas tree isn't going to be that much hassle at this time of year, is it?

PastaPrincess Tue 15-Dec-15 19:56:17

I'd keep it, it looks pretty.

Plus if DS eats it you'll have festive sparkly nappies to change wink

FortyFacedFuckers Tue 15-Dec-15 20:11:48

Definitely put it up it looks lovely and it isn't Christmas if there isn't some sparkle!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now