Talk

Advanced search

To think this was an odd phonecall about antenatal care?

(7 Posts)
SexDrugsAndSausageRoll Tue 15-Dec-15 18:18:33

I was on the hop cooking dinner with 4 kids inc. a 7 week old so just answered the questions very quickly...

This is Mohammed from xxxx hospital, is that xxxxxxxx? This is about your antenatal care,
You registered for Antenatal care here in xxxx, at 25 weeks, can I confirm if you had any antenatal care before this?
And you had xxxx number of appts?

I confirmed answers but I'm intrigued as to whose role in a hospital it is to ask this and why?

TribbleNamedDave Tue 15-Dec-15 18:29:32

Oh a lot of hospitals do audits, it's also an issue about late booking and a lot of hospitals employ people to look into this for them.

Finola1step Tue 15-Dec-15 18:34:06

I would think its an admin person who has been given the job of updating a database. Or they are preparing for some sort of inspection. Or this is info that should have been taken at the time but wasn't. Now poor old Mohammed is having to sort out the data.

MrsHathaway Tue 15-Dec-15 18:34:48

Iirc antenatal funding depends on certain milestone appointments being met by the trust so it could have been a finance thing.

SexDrugsAndSausageRoll Tue 15-Dec-15 18:40:54

thanks ffor answering my pondering... I was hoping it was finally about an appt for my 6 week GD follow up!

He was quite chatty, asking if he'd already spoken to me yesterday.

amarmai Tue 15-Dec-15 20:27:21

after i brought my dd home from birth in hospital, i got a call purporting to be from the hospital which started out asking re breast feeding and then asked the size of my breasts?! Still wondering if this was a hospital employee - 40 years later!

rainbowunicorn Tue 15-Dec-15 21:58:34

It is highly unlikely that the actual hospital phoned you, this would be outsourced work, the call made by a contact centre.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now