Talk

Advanced search

To be utterly appalled at the people who think Sandy Hook was a hoax

(21 Posts)
mincebloodypie Tue 15-Dec-15 18:12:06

http://henrymakow.com/2015/11/nobody-died-at-sandy-hook.html

Yesterday was the third anniversary, and I have had to delete two people from my Facebook for posting stuff about how the deaths of 26 children and teachers were faked.

I had a look at some of the websites they are linking to. Not only are there quite a number of people who believe in the "hoax" they also think the parents and wider community were in on it.

I am honestly stunned. These families have had to bury their children, but websites like this are calling them liars

mincebloodypie Tue 15-Dec-15 18:13:09

Sorry, I made a hash of that, clicky link was meant to be at the bottem but it isn't working

Mrsmorton Tue 15-Dec-15 18:13:54

If you look for them, conspiracy theorists have an opinion on everything.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Tue 15-Dec-15 18:13:58

It's crazy. Not just Sandy Hook either. People think the Boston bombings, Paris massacre, Sydney coffee house was a big hoax.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Tue 15-Dec-15 18:14:46

Google "grief actors" I think that's the phrase. They say the grieving parents are paid actors.

UnderTheGreenwoodTree Tue 15-Dec-15 18:16:43

There is barely an event without a conspiracy theory attached to it now.

See also: Boston bombing, shooting of the TV presenters live on TV.

It's utterly appalling, YANBU. I guess wankers can all find each other easily on the web now.

Queenbean Tue 15-Dec-15 18:21:39

Have just looked up grief actors - am shocked, had no idea it was a thing!

I didn't look extensively but is there any truth to any element of the grief actor idea? Or is it all just conspiracy theories?

Osmiornica Tue 15-Dec-15 18:23:00

Do people do this to make themselves feel safe - in that if it's all a hoax then guns and mass killings are not a problem in America.

originalmavis Tue 15-Dec-15 18:26:04

Some of the theorists are just bonkers. There is profile of people more likely to believe such things - I remember doing some work on it when I studied psychology. Of course this was pretty 9/11 and its gone batshit since then!

I forget what the profile was (probably balmy, writes in green crayon, tinfoil in hat).

originalmavis Tue 15-Dec-15 18:26:49

Sorry but the as link on here made me smile:

Christmas trees, real or fake? The great tree-bate

BigChocFrenzy Tue 15-Dec-15 18:33:27

They are rightwing gun nuts who think such massacres are a conspiracy by those evil people who want to restrict gun ownership.
Anything that doesn't fit in their world view is a conspiracy by the rich liberal elite / the lizard people.

SirRodneyEffing Tue 15-Dec-15 18:37:08

Are these the same people who say Paul McCartney died in 1966 and replaced by lookalike billy shears?

firesidechat Tue 15-Dec-15 18:37:47

I didn't look extensively but is there any truth to any element of the grief actor idea? Or is it all just conspiracy theories?

Of course there's no truth to it. It amazes me that conspiracy theorists would rather believe complicated fantasies than accept the fact that horrible things happen in real life. It's weird, but I guess it makes them feel special or important or something.

firesidechat Tue 15-Dec-15 18:39:25

We have some of this type on mn sometimes. They are everywhere.

Queenbean Tue 15-Dec-15 18:41:08

Well obviously there isn't truth to the actual events being conspiracies but hiring actors to say exactly the right thing to benefit a particular cause does sound like the loopy type of thing that the U.S. Government would do

PegsPigs Tue 15-Dec-15 18:41:24

I agree firesidechat They feel they have to concoct such bizarre fantasies when actually the reality is far more believable though devastating.

firesidechat Tue 15-Dec-15 18:43:22

It's so often about events where people have died too. Pretty obscene really and they should be ashamed. I assume they must have had an empathy bypass at some point.

Doublebubblebubble Tue 15-Dec-15 18:47:07

One of the little boys shot (and murdered) at sandy hook was from a town near where I am (before moving there) it is abhorrent to think that even one person would think that it was all faked... For what reason?? Like others this isn't the first thing to have accusers. The daesh beheadings, Boston bombing, 9/11 it goes on and on... Very sad. I think that they are nuts looking for reasons.. Other than the perpetrators just being absolute psychopath..

FreeSpirit89 Tue 15-Dec-15 18:48:16

It happens. Idiots are amazing at sprouting nonsense at a very loud and confident volume.

Apparently Diana isn't dead. Neither's Elvis.

Some people are genuinely mentally unstable, like my grandmother who believes her first born nephew wasn't killed by my aunt at 6 weeks old. And the who family are lying to her about his whereabouts. These people need help.

Others are just morons.

PeaceLoveAndMincePies Tue 15-Dec-15 18:48:18

I know one of the parents who lost their child at Sandy Hook. They are not acting.

notquitehuman Tue 15-Dec-15 18:57:03

Some conspiracy theories like the Paul McCartney thing are fun. Gives you a different slant on the world. The Sandy Hook thing is just horrible. How can the people posting this shit have so little compassion? But of course, I'm just one of the sheeple, so I wouldn't understand.

One of the people on my FB who posted this shit lost a child of a similar age herself in tragic circumstances. I often want to ask her how the fuck she'd feel if someone halfway across the world were to start a rumour that her child wasn't dead, had never existed, and was being used as part of some government scheme?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now