Talk

Advanced search

To share this video and ask what you all think? Dear Daddy, I will be called a whore.

(12 Posts)
choccywoccywoowah Tue 15-Dec-15 15:27:37

http://creativity-online.com/work/care-norway-dear-daddy/44775

choccywoccywoowah Tue 15-Dec-15 15:27:53

ah how do I add a link?

NewLife4Me Tue 15-Dec-15 15:33:14

subject HTH

NewLife4Me Tue 15-Dec-15 15:34:13

The square bracket things, it won't let me post them

choccywoccywoowah Tue 15-Dec-15 15:35:27

[http://creativity-online.com/work/care-norway-dear-daddy/44775]

Here's a clicky link.

Choccy - you need two square brackets at the beginning and end of the link - and if you leave a space at the end of a link, and put a title (like 'Here's' in mine) and then the end two brackets, you get the sort of clicky link I did.

choccywoccywoowah Tue 15-Dec-15 15:37:24

creativity-online.com/work/care-norway-dear-daddy/44775

choccywoccywoowah Tue 15-Dec-15 15:37:48

Yay! Thanks all

<<applauds>>

I haven't looked at the video - I'm in the middle of a baking and fudge making marathon, and don't have time - but from the article, it looks like a very important message.

Owllady Tue 15-Dec-15 15:47:56

I suppose it takes for granted you may have one of the good guys as your father and that a mother isn't capable of all those negative things as well. I also thought, my own son is fourteen and I hope to God he doesn't behave like that towards girls hmm how depressing

Maryz Tue 15-Dec-15 15:50:46

I think the point of the film, that of "oh well, it's just a joke" is important. I think a similar film could be made for mothers, though. And I think similar films could be made on behalf of boy babies these days, not to assume that because they are boys they can cope, because they are boys they don't need the same support.

But just because mums can be abusive, or boys can need help doesn't negate the facts of that video: that being born a girl greatly increases the chances of you being abused. And that the likelihood is that the abuser (or abusers) will be male.

I'm going to let dd have a look and see what she thinks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now