Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be shocked at the rudeness of Childcare.co.uk on their app!

(396 Posts)
Rafterplease Tue 15-Dec-15 11:44:35

I just went to download the Childcare.co.uk app and took a quick look at the reviews before I did so.

Here is a sample. Reads like a parody. Surely a disgruntled employee, no company can be this rude -- but why haven't they deleted them? Or is this just their company culture?!

REVIEW: "Brilliant app. Excellent support and communication."
REPLY: "Thanks for your review. We are pleased that you think our app is 'brilliant' and that we have 'excellent support and communication.' It's a shame that given this you felt you could only give us 3 stars sad "

REVIEW: "Makes me log in all the time. That and I want to see my messages and views, and not do a search most of the time."
REPLY: "We are sorry but most of your review didn't make any sense to us. For security reasons you need to log in to your account from time to time."

REVIEW: "Wasn't even able to create an account as it kept stating incorrect postcode format."
REPLY: "How very disappointing that you should choose to leave us a 1-star review without even bothering to contact our helpful 365 day Customer Support Team for assistance in the first instance. The likelihood is that you were entering an invalid postcode. Most likely you entered the letter O instead of a zero. It's a shame you acted in such an unfair way."
REVIEW EDIT TO ADD: "In reply to your feedback: my comment is not malicious or in fact unfair. I am in the UK and tried to register typing post code in several different fashions as each time it stated it was in an incorrect format. I am currently looking for a nursery. I feel your feedback was unhelpful and slightly aggressive in tone! you could have merely stated it is a UK service and the appropriate format your site accepts for postcodes.""

And the final irony:

REVIEW: "Shocking responses to customers in ratings... I can't believe the cheek you have given customers in the comments to their ratings. Manners cost nothing so regardless of your platforms costing millions and trying to justify gold membership with this. Good customer service is vital to any company use need to deal with try to do have that I will now uninstall!"
REPLY: "Thank you for your comments although they do not constitute a review of the Childcare.co.uk Android app. Your "review" fails to mention any personal experience of our product or service and therefore the comments are worthless and meaningless. We are proud to be the UK's largest childcare platform and we have won countless awards for our service."

PaulAnkaTheDog Tue 15-Dec-15 11:49:05

Is this for real?! Cheeky sods.

Ringadingdingdong Tue 15-Dec-15 11:49:32

Wow they deserve to go bust with comments like that. How bloody rude.

FlankShaftMcWap Tue 15-Dec-15 11:50:11

No surprises there. I would expect that someone from there will be along shortly to give you short shrift OP, usually happens whenever anyone dares to mention them.

I'd never heard of them before I saw them post on here but good lord they need to sack the social media person 😂

Arfarfanarf Tue 15-Dec-15 11:50:14

Crikey. Some people take criticism very personally, dont they?
They should really touchy.
Like anything less than gushing praise is an attack upon them.
Theyre going to need to work on their professionalism because those replies out them as rank amateurs.

Arfarfanarf Tue 15-Dec-15 11:51:09

Sound not should

MrsGentlyBenevolent Tue 15-Dec-15 11:54:20

That's brilliantly awful. Hilarious to read, but I would hate to be one of their customers! It's like the Trip Advisor of baby companies. Whoever answers the queries needs a serious talking to about customer relations.

WorraLiberty Tue 15-Dec-15 11:58:18

OMG that's so awful, it's actually funny! shock grin

DamsenBerry Tue 15-Dec-15 11:58:49

I'm shocked! I'm a child care provider and have used their site and app for four years, never had this level of service from them. However after reading this, I think ill be deleting my profile! How unnecessarily rude! Especially when you have to pay an absolute fortune for the pleasure. The cheek!

ChopsticksandChilliCrab Tue 15-Dec-15 12:01:00

Looks like their staff have been to the Basil Fawlty School of Customer Service.

Egosumquisum Tue 15-Dec-15 12:01:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

imwithspud Tue 15-Dec-15 12:01:55

That's awful! I experienced similar on Trip Advisor. We once stayed at an awful run down John Fowler resort, a lot of the reviews were negative and the replies from them were full of cheek. Think along the lines of "well most of our customers didn't see a problem with x" "you should have made a complaint whilst you were there" etc.

Some companies are rubbish when it comes to customer relations.

OddSocksHighHeels Tue 15-Dec-15 12:03:10

Oh my god! I've used the app before with no problems but I'm now tempted to leave a review about a minor niggle just to see the response. Those ones are so bad that they're actually funny grin

handslikecowstits Tue 15-Dec-15 12:04:47

Their approach seems to be, 'we've won lots of awards so you're obviously wrong'. fhmm

WorraLiberty Tue 15-Dec-15 12:06:53

OP, can you leave a link to this thread in a review? fwink

Rafterplease Tue 15-Dec-15 12:10:05

OP here. I think it actually used to be worse... there are references to threats of legal action that then got mysteriously deleted.

Which by the way is even worse - it means someone at the company thought (a) Oops, we might have gone a bit far, let's review our app replies and then (b) Righto, we've deleted the threatening legal stuff, but the rest appears to be A-OK, so we'll leave all that there

RickRoll Tue 15-Dec-15 12:11:27

you can review them here

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.childcare.androidclient#details-reviews

goodnightdarthvader1 Tue 15-Dec-15 12:16:29

If you look back, their responses to 1 star reviews were MUCH more polite before September this year. I guess they got a new (and very inexperienced) feedback manager?

carabos Tue 15-Dec-15 12:19:34

Love it. It's an approach wink grin.

morechocolates Tue 15-Dec-15 12:23:17

wow - hilariously unprofessional! I've found lovely childcare on there, it is such a popular website for finding childcare they must be raking it in, ridiculous that they don't spend some of the profits on decent staff

Queenbean Tue 15-Dec-15 12:25:30

Brilliant, really kicking themselves in the face with this

SheHasAWildHeart Tue 15-Dec-15 12:26:20

I manage the social media channels of my workplace at the moment and any responses like that I would be in trouble! I don't see them apologising even once, shocking.

VenusRising Tue 15-Dec-15 12:28:10

This is a classic lesson in how not to let the intern do "social" meeja!!
That is so very bad, it's feckin' hilarious.

Total fail!! PMSL grin

What are they thinking!! I wonder do they even know how crap they are? Omg.

Toughasoldboots Tue 15-Dec-15 12:29:43

It's unbelievable that they would respond like that, must put so many people of using them?

TheHouseOnTheLane Tue 15-Dec-15 12:34:55

Here's the thing. Many large companies employ freelancers to "manage" their social media. I'm one...I comment on reviews and also on FB comments; I'd never react like this person but I imagine whoever is in charge of their community social media manager isn't doing a good job. It's one person to blame (2 possibly) and that's not a whole company.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now