Talk

Advanced search

To think this is taking the piss

(6 Posts)
DeepBlueLake Tue 15-Dec-15 06:13:06

www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11561132&ref=NZH_FBpage

I know Jonah Lomu was a fantastic sportsman but he earned millions through playing rugby, sponsorship deals, endorsements etc.

And if they are so 'broke', why on earth are they renting a $2.2million house in Auckland and just came back from a European trip. His wife also doesn't work, they also have other assets such as flash cars and an apartment in Wellington (worth $700k!).

There are many children of single / widowed parents who don't get this special treatment and his sons have already lived a very privileged life. AIBU to think this is being grabby?

Sighing Tue 15-Dec-15 06:18:58

The article suggests the assets 'are not there'. They could well not be owned outright.
The fund is seeking voluntary donations. If you don't want to, they're not asking you?!

MsJamieFraser Tue 15-Dec-15 06:19:55

It's not something that I'd be concerned about, if people want to don't to something then they can do so of their own free wil.

Domino777 Tue 15-Dec-15 06:21:02

The last bit is interesting saying he's been generous at the expense of his wife and children.

hefzi Tue 15-Dec-15 11:35:52

I see your point - but people are also often asset rich but cash poor, and can't necessarily cash in on the assets.

whois Tue 15-Dec-15 13:00:32

Headline: irresponsible parents get into debt to buy stupidly expensive cars and don't bother working much or buying decent health/life insurance to protect their kids.

Not something I'll be donating too.

The mother can get her ass out to work, no?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now