Talk

Advanced search

to get strangely emotional on my dds birthday

(8 Posts)
mommy2ash Tue 15-Dec-15 00:36:52

It is the only time I act all pfb. My dd is an only child and I have brought her up alone. Every year on her birthday I get oddly emotional and I have yet to meet a person who understands it. I'm not sad or happy but emotional. I have a little cry get nostalgic etc and am back to regular me within 24 hours. Please tell me I am not the only one

myfriendsson Tue 15-Dec-15 00:43:15

I'm the same. My ds just turned 7 and I felt quite emotional. He's my baby and he's growing up. It's probably quite common?

mommy2ash Tue 15-Dec-15 00:46:02

I hope so my friends seem I be made of hardier stuff than me smile they find it quite odd.

BertrandRussell Tue 15-Dec-15 00:46:14

My dad is 20 a week today. I will cry. Fortunately she is used to it!

Can't even think about "Slipping through my fingers" without howling!

BertrandRussell Tue 15-Dec-15 00:47:15

Dd. Not dad. That would be weird.

BillBrysonsBeard Tue 15-Dec-15 00:51:00

Aww my DS is only 21 months but think I will be the same as you.. He makes me very emotional ❤️

BertrandRussell Tue 15-Dec-15 00:57:23

My youngest is 14. He is around 5ft 11, and is desperate to be 6ft. Every time he asks me to measure him I'm thinking "Please. Not 6ft. That's too grown up" While he's still under 6ft I can pretend he's still my baby.....

mommy2ash Tue 15-Dec-15 01:07:43

You guys are making me feel better already. When she was little I would sing it won't be like this for long by Darius Rucker to her it makes more sense each year older she gets smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now