To have been really impressed with Homebase staff today

(12 Posts)
NorthernLurker Sun 13-Dec-15 19:28:15

We bought a kitchen bin in September from Homebase. It was on offer and 1/2 price. Today the lid broke. Very annoying and whilst I don't expect a bin to last for ever, I think 3 months was a bit feeble. I didn't have the receipt but I found it on my bank statement so took that in and the staff were so lovely. The bank statement obviously only shows I spent £30 in Homebase, doesn't say what on and the bin is now on sale for £60 but the staff agreed immediately to either give us a new bin or refund the money. I took the new bin and I will be keeping the receipt for this one grin

Just really nice not to have to fight for something.

LavenderRain Sun 13-Dec-15 19:44:12

I do like Homebase!
I took 4 tins of paint back the other day, I had a receipt but bought the paint in September, they gave me a refund, no quibble.
And I've taken an expensive bulb back before as it didn't work, they swapped with no receipt,
More shops need to follow suite!

SoleBizzzz Sun 13-Dec-15 19:48:32

Our local Homebase has some fabulous staff

PawsnPurrs Sun 13-Dec-15 20:21:40

homebase are good, BnQ on the other hand, you lose your receipt they wont return anything or exchange.

NorthernLurker Sun 13-Dec-15 20:25:51

Well I've certainly taken note and will buy things for preference there in future because of today. It's closer than B&Q too!

dontcallmelen Sun 13-Dec-15 20:31:56

Agree homebase excellent when it comes to refunds etc, ours has really nice staff as well.

Pommes Sun 13-Dec-15 20:34:05

Homebase are from the same group as Argos, aren't they? Argos are also fantastic with refunds/exchanges unlike Smyths Toys

MrsSippy Sun 13-Dec-15 20:35:41

They are good in Homebase, but our local B&Q are good too - I took two tins of paint back without a receipt, one was opened to try the colour, and they swapped for a colour I did like, even though the new stuff was on offer. They gave me a £15 credit note for the difference.

Russellgroupserf Sun 13-Dec-15 20:38:00

Well I have to also praise homebase, we bought an artificial Christmas tree instore yesterday and it had a fault. They could not have been more helpful.

Wishfulmakeupping Sun 13-Dec-15 20:42:59

We had the opposite I found them an absolute nightmare. We brought a new sofa set delivery was nearly 3 months wait- the week it was due delivery was confirmed etc the morn before it was due we checked again- yep all fine so we arranged our sofas to be picked up that night as we were giving them away- then homebase called the morning they were due and apologised but not available!
At this point we were desperate so we said ex display would do, or another similar sofa- not available, or we would borrow anything while we waited for the sofas to be ready- couldn't do that either in the end they just gave us a refund and we had to sort ourselves out sad
Would reccomend DFS though they were fab.

londonrach Sun 13-Dec-15 20:43:39

Meanwhile i had a fight today in argos re a rice cooker that stopped working after 1 month. It was a replacement of another one which broke after guess what one month. I had a receipt but it was for the replacement hence my problem. I needed to orginal which was kept by them a month before. Grrr! Had to be difficult. Agreed to a replacement in the end and hope this one lasts longer than amonth. The previous rice cooker (ignoring the recent two) from argos lasted 20 years through uni days. They dont make items like they used too!

dodobookends Sun 13-Dec-15 22:38:14

Pat on the back for Argos from us - I bought my DH a watch a few months ago. It has been a bit unreliable, sometimes stopping and starting, and he finally got fed up with it last week. I had a rummage through receipts, eventually found an Argos one for a watch and took it back. The staff member was really helpful and immediately said she would replace it. Then we noticed that the receipt was for another different watch (which I'd bought around the same time and was actually wearing). They said it wasn't a problem and replaced DH's watch anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now