Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Not sticking to plans

(14 Posts)
FairyFluffbum Sun 13-Dec-15 16:12:39

My sister was supposed to be round yesterday to pick up a sling for her new baby (haven't met him yet). She messaged around 10 and just asked if I was in all day which I was.

I finally messaged her at 4 to find out she wasn't coming now as she was going to my mums and then my nans. Said she was going to come today instead.

It's now 4 again and she still hasn't turned up. I'm annoyed. Why can't she stick to her own plans! I would love to meet this baby and give her the things I've bought. I can't get out to her as I don't drive and she lives in the middle of no where. Even a taxi would cost me £50 and the bus doesn't run there.

If she had said early on yesterday she was going to my mums I would have managed to get there, though it would have been a pain.

Aibu to think if you make plans you should stick to them?!

rainydaygrey Sun 13-Dec-15 16:14:23

I agree with you, but if she has a new baby she's probably in a world of her own right now smile

Enjolrass Sun 13-Dec-15 16:17:44

Tbh assuming the baby is quite young (since you haven't met him yet) I think you should give her a break.

Sounds like she is doing a lot and has a new baby. Texting you to keep you updated probably slipped her mind.

SantanaLopez Sun 13-Dec-15 16:20:34

That's rubbish. Try to give her the benefit of the doubt with a wee baby though.

FairyFluffbum Sun 13-Dec-15 16:20:43

Yes I suppose you are right

FairyFluffbum Sun 13-Dec-15 16:29:53

Just hard when I'm excited to meet dn and just thinking if you can go to mums and nans yesterday and then her partners mothers today's (who have already met the baby) why am I not included?
Like I said if she had said I've got to go to mums first I would have said oh well I'll meet you round there to make it easier but she didn't

reni2 Sun 13-Dec-15 16:33:59

Is this her first baby? She might be totally overwhelmed still. But it is rubbish, I would tell her to just call and see if you're in when she wants to set off from home so you don't have to sit and wait another 2 whole days.

Enjolrass Sun 13-Dec-15 16:45:15

Tbh though I know it's difficult for you to get to, but usually it's people travelling to the new mum.

Sounds like she is doing a lot of the visiting.

Just tell her you are desperate to meet the baby and arrange something concrete. Rather than at some point on a particular day.

When you have small babies days fly by.

FairyFluffbum Sun 13-Dec-15 17:16:19

No it's baby number 2. She has a 4 year old.
Yes I know it's visiting the new mum as opposed to her travelling but without a lift I cannot get there. The best I can do is go to my mums if she is there.

FairyFluffbum Sun 13-Dec-15 18:23:04

Just messaged and she's not coming again fangry

Wants to come tomorrow again.

Andro Sun 13-Dec-15 20:05:53

You've waited for her for 2 days and now she wants to (maybe) turn up tomorrow (unless she has a preferable option)? She's messing you about, especially given the lack of communication.
SIBVU!

Enjolrass Mon 14-Dec-15 08:17:30

I know you can't get to her. But what I am saying it sound like she is doing a lot of the visiting to everyone. She must be exhausted.

How is your relationship usually? Are you close?

Tell her you will meet her at your mums, maybe.

MatildaTheCat Mon 14-Dec-15 09:30:55

Tell her! She's being very inconsiderate if you have stayed home for the whole weekend expecting her to visit. Doesn't have to be a row but do say something. Having DC doesn't mean you can't pick up the phone.

For today I suggest you tell her what suits. So if you are free between 2-4 that's when she needs to come to collect the sling and gifts. And unless there is a background of tension or problems then she was a little mean not to say about going to your mum but I will forgive that in view of her new baby. Maybe she wanted a rest. fsmile

FairyFluffbum Mon 14-Dec-15 15:17:46

Just in case you was wondering if she turned up today....

She didn't

I can see it now her waiting till Thursday as its my birthday. Well I ain't gonna be here cos I'm out all day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now