Talk

Advanced search

To babywipe the Christmas tree?

(24 Posts)
Parrish Sun 13-Dec-15 13:37:51

We've just been out shopping and ds2 bought fake aerosol snow. Sprayed it on indoor glass door....that's fine, i can live with the newsagent's window look.

Turned my back for a minute and DH is spraying the real Christmas tree white. A bloody expensive tree that used to smell of pine now smells of aerosols.

I burst into tears and he's taken the huff and stomped out. Is it too much to ask that just one thing isn't tacky at Christmas?

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sun 13-Dec-15 13:42:41

I'd have gone nuclear if fake snow was sprayed over my tree, not because fake snow isn't my thing but won't it drop off the tree onto the carpet and make a fucking mess?

He's also a tit for stomping out in a huff.

VestalVirgin Sun 13-Dec-15 13:45:22

I burst into tears and he's taken the huff and stomped out. Is it too much to ask that just one thing isn't tacky at Christmas?

YANBU

Do whatever it takes to make your tree nice and pine-y again. Or buy a new one from DH's money.

If you had wanted a white Christmas tree, you could have bought one made of plastic.

reni2 Sun 13-Dec-15 13:45:43

If he's stomping out he should take the tree with him to dispose off and buy a new one. If that is too expensive, he can stomp into the garden to hose the tree down and get the embarrassing stuff off.

cardibach Sun 13-Dec-15 13:46:02

If agree about the unreasonableness of your DH in messing with a lovely real tree. I think tears may be an overreaction though - you both may be a bit tired and emotional.
It's honking down with rain here - if you have the same gorgeous weather, stand your tree out in it for a bit.

CarbonEmittingPenguin Sun 13-Dec-15 13:59:16

Yankee but bursting into tears is quite an over reaction as is his storming out in a huff. Just how bad is it? Can it be rectified? The aerosol use alone was unreasonable.

CarbonEmittingPenguin Sun 13-Dec-15 14:00:02

*YANBU - don't know where yankee came from hmm

Wagglebees Sun 13-Dec-15 14:02:20

Yanbu.

But use a damp flannel or towel rather than baby wipes so you're not putting more chemicals and smelly stuff on it. I used a damp flannel to remove some dried on mud that was on our tree and it worked really well.

Wagglebees Sun 13-Dec-15 14:06:03

And are you feeling stressed out about Christmas in general? You might be putting pressure on yourself to make everything perfect. Go and sit down with a cuppa or something for ten minutes and take some deep breaths. You've still got a lovely real tree and it'll look gorgeous later with the sparkly lights on it. It can be fixed.

He's still been a knob though.🍆

SoWhite Sun 13-Dec-15 14:06:28

Crying is a bit much.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sun 13-Dec-15 14:07:48

oh goodness, you are all going to be emotional husks by Christmas Day

Text him to come home and have a nice drink! Maybe a Snowball?

He surely hasn't covered the whole tree in under a minute, with the one can? Turn it round.

Wagglebees Sun 13-Dec-15 14:08:15

and get him to wipe it off. No-one thinks fake snow belongs on a real tree. No-one.

Potatoface2 Sun 13-Dec-15 14:17:27

is it already decorated....if not hose it off in the garden

dingit Sun 13-Dec-15 14:20:10

Yanbu. String his balls to the tree as an extra unusual decoration santa

villainousbroodmare Sun 13-Dec-15 14:23:51

Try and make a joke of it.
Ask him to see what he can do about cleaning it up.

Wagglebees Sun 13-Dec-15 14:31:00

String his balls to the tree as an extra unusual decoration

Spray them with fake snow first obviously. ❄️❄️

LizzieMacQueen Sun 13-Dec-15 14:31:53

Can we see a picture please.

LucilleBluth Sun 13-Dec-15 14:40:20

Oh Op! Your DH is a knob but your post did make me laugh. What was he thinking.

whatdoIget Sun 13-Dec-15 14:44:27

He probably just got a bit overexcited and wanted to entertain the children. It is annoying though

reni2 Sun 13-Dec-15 14:48:31

Are you good at embroidery? Would his favourite jumper not be more festive with a little pompom nosed Rudolph or a snowman embroidered on?

SelfLoathing Sun 13-Dec-15 14:49:10

Isn't this your solution?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=45FEWSGIv3I

MadeMan Sun 13-Dec-15 14:51:31

Right Guard deodorant used to make a good snowspray for when you've run out of the proper stuff.

They might have changed the RG recipe now though so that you can finally wear it under a black shirt.

PerspicaciaTick Sun 13-Dec-15 15:01:19

Babywipe half the tree and take turns to rotate it through 180 degrees so that you can each enjoy the alternate green/snow effect.

cigarsofthepharaoh Sun 13-Dec-15 15:17:09

Fake snow is the devil so YANBU. It gets everywhere and the one time we used it on pur artificial tree (would never on a real tree, what a waste of money) I regretted it instantly. Years on we still find some in the branches/box. Get rid asap!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now