Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be sick of seeing pics of friend on another holiday?

(64 Posts)
Inshock73 Sat 12-Dec-15 13:16:40

This is semi lighthearted really because I want to have a whinge and don't want to say to anyone in real life smile ....

I have one friend on FB who is self employed and doing well for herself (good luck to her and I really mean that) but I am so sick of the photos of her on yet another holiday, the photos are always the same....here's me in a bikini looking fabulous on this beach.....here I am 4 hours later in another bikini on another beach....and here's the restaurant I'm dining in this eve with my wealthy daddy boyfriend. Photos are always captioned by things such as "It's so good to be self employed I can holiday whenever I want". I don't envy her lifestyle, she's on her third marriage at 36 and is VERY materialistic but I am so sick of the look at my fantastic lifestyle photos'.

CastaDiva Sat 12-Dec-15 13:20:55

Light-hearted or not, you don't sound as if you like her very much. No one is forcing you to log onto facebook to witness the bikini-clad fabulousness of someone you think of as a marital mess, superficial and materialistic, you know!

Ditch her and find some friends who either don't use social media, or who only post grainy, black and white pictures of themselves miserably knitting their own gruel by candlelight. grin

Inshock73 Sat 12-Dec-15 13:23:10

Lol. I take your point.

dickiedavisthunderthighs Sat 12-Dec-15 13:30:30

Is she actually working or is she 'self employed' working for an MLM like Forever Living? If it's the latter I promise you this is all smoke and mirrors!!

TheHiphopopotamus Sat 12-Dec-15 13:31:11

Op, I inderstand where you're coming from and it's one of the reasons I'm not on FB anymore. But FB is like an edited version of people's lives- you've no idea what's going on behind the pics.

Also, I always reckon if they're having such a good time, why are they wasting it by logging into FB confused You see it all the time- in restaurants for example, people with their faces in theirs phones, not interacting with other. And yet when you see their feed, it's all pics of themselves with captions underneath saying what a great times they're having hmm

Paintedhandprints Sat 12-Dec-15 13:39:15

It's even more irritating when they ask tell you to cat sit 10 times a year while they swan off again. I don't even like cats.

DrGoogleWillSeeYouNow Sat 12-Dec-15 13:41:25

Unfollow or defriend her. You clearly don't think much of her so just do it.

WorraLiberty Sat 12-Dec-15 13:45:28

I don't envy her lifestyle

No, I think envy doesn't cut it.

Just going on what you've written, it sounds like green eyed jealousy.

You know Facebook is optional don't you?

ShebaShimmyShake Sat 12-Dec-15 13:45:42

Just hide her from your feed.

ImperialBlether Sat 12-Dec-15 13:49:10

Is it a boyfriend or a husband, then?

Does she have children? If not, do you think she's posting in response to the thousands of baby photos that are on Facebook, so she's showing there's still fun to be had without kids?

Don't know whether you're jealous of her, but I am! Of the holidays, the bikinis, the sunshine, everything!

TheSecondViola Sat 12-Dec-15 13:52:33

I can't stand people who whine about what they see on Facebook. YOU put them on your feed. YOU put them on your friends list, YOU click through her photos. It's YOUR problem.

rookiemere Sat 12-Dec-15 13:53:30

Dead easy way to avoid seeing pictures of her holidays on Facebook, block of course.

I tend to only post pics on FB when on holiday - not in a bikini as I wouldn't inflict that on anyone, but mainly because that's when I have the time and inclination to do it. I'd hate to think that anyone was badmouthing me because of it and if they did it would reflect more on them than me.

fidel1ne Sat 12-Dec-15 13:54:06

wealthy daddy boyfriend.

Her what?

Trills Sat 12-Dec-15 13:54:13

You don't have to look any anyone's pictures if you don't want to.

Are you saying she should not post them, just because you don't want to see them?

She's hardly typing you down and forcing them in your face.

ihateminecraft Sat 12-Dec-15 13:55:17

I'm friends with a couple on fb who are forever posting pictures of their exotic holidays, posh nights out, new car etc. He is particularly flashy and likes to check in at "BA Executive Club Lounge" "drinking champagne" complete with a pic of his first class boarding pass. I particularly remember him treating us to a guided tour via video of their sumptuous Dubai hotel suite. I'll admit to being mildly irritated by them and a teensy bit jealous. However, then I remember that they both had disastrous first marriages and have never been able to have the children they so badly wanted following numerous failed ivf attempts. They are now of an age where they will never be parents. As annoying as my kids are, I have no wish to swap places with this couple and say good luck to them!

Inshock73 Sat 12-Dec-15 14:02:03

Didn't realise I could unfollow someone on FB so off to google it now smile

Imperial he's now her husband, I read through my post after posting and thought oops typo smile

It's not green-eyed jealousy honestly. I've travelled and didn't have my baby until I was 41. I think it's more the work side of things, all of our friends and extended circle etc work really hard and have the standard 4/5 weeks holiday a year and it's so irritating logging on to FB and seeing another post, the latest one is on a beach in India doing yoga with a caption "In India on a month long yoga retreat to rebalance"

And I know you're right about FB being smoke and mirrors, one of my friends was travelling in New Zealand and posted a photo of her about to do a bungee jump, cord strapped round her ankles etc. When she came back I asked her what it felt like and she said "Oh no I didn't jump I bottled it" funnily enough she didn't bother to post that bit on FB smile

Ta1kinPeace Sat 12-Dec-15 14:02:15

I have a couple of ultra rich friends : I know what they have sacrificed for it.
I am friends with them because they are nice people.
If they were not I'd hide them from my feed.

Inshock73 Sat 12-Dec-15 14:04:15

Ihateminecraft you're spot on!

BitOutOfPractice Sat 12-Dec-15 14:07:17

I don't even know where to start with this.

You realise that on average self-employed people work longer hours than employed? That they take all the risk in return for the rewards. That she probably doesn't post when she's working at 3am. Or when lying awake wondering how she's going to pay staff / the mortgage / get everything done etc etc. I'm sure she doesn't post when (as I'm about to now) working on a Satururday afternoon. I'm sure she works "really hard" too.

You do sound jealous

WorraLiberty Sat 12-Dec-15 14:12:08

It's not green-eyed jealousy honestly

I think you need to look up the word 'honestly' fwink

Seriously, just be happy for her.

I am and I don't even know the woman fgrin

FifteenFortyNine Sat 12-Dec-15 14:16:38

It's the people who only post about one side of their lives, either "happy, happy, omg look at me everything is awesome" or "ffs, everything's shit, i'm so bitter nobody loves me". Both are tiring.

KeepOnMoving1 Sat 12-Dec-15 14:19:07

No you are definitely bitterly jealous, enough to start a thread about her while she's busy getting on with her life. Just unfollow her as she probably doesn't need friends who aren't happy for them.

PastaPrincess Sat 12-Dec-15 14:20:07

I think some people like to go out of their way to make other people jealous, and some people, like you, react the way they are aiming for.

Just roll your eyes and scroll past.

Inshock73 Sat 12-Dec-15 14:21:21

Maybe I just don't use FB like most people. I consider myself really lucky to have had my baby at 41, many of my friends in my age group have tried unsuccessfully to conceive, some through IVF too, so I never posted any scan photos or baby bump pics and I don't post photos of my baby now either as I know they struggle with the daily photos other friends post.

Thanks everyone x

Oysterbabe Sat 12-Dec-15 14:23:44

Explain daddy boyfriend some more. That seems a pretty nasty way to refer to her husband.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now