Talk

Advanced search

To be totally out of my depth

(5 Posts)
elf0508 Sat 12-Dec-15 12:25:25

My little boy has had two colds in 11 days, he fell and cut himself today so his boogeys with blood is making it look worse but for the last hour he is just screaming, he won't take water or calpol or hugs. Just hits it away.
I don't know what to do, I feel so totally lost, I just cried on the way home while he was screaming. Why don't I know what to do? I feel like a rubbish mothee

LoTeQuiero Sat 12-Dec-15 12:48:13

It sounds like he's just lost control and gone beyond what he can cope with. Grab some tissues, maybe warm flannel, and cuddle him until he settles? Or at least calms down a bit. Then try Calpol again, film on TV?

RubbleBubble00 Sat 12-Dec-15 12:50:16

plonk him on sofa, stick fav programme on a sit next to him - no fuss or touching - he sounds a bit stressed out

TheoriginalLEM Sat 12-Dec-15 12:52:49

You don't say how old he is - but you are doing fine.

They are terribly grouchy when they are poorly, and don't understand that the sickly pink stuff you are trying to get them to take is going to help.

It doesn't matter if he looks like a bloody snot monster for a while, wait until he has tired himself out with his paddy and then clean him up.

So long as you are home, he is warm and safe and you don't have any concerns re concussion or temp that wont come down then you don't have to do anything.

He'll knacker himself out with the screaming hopefully and have a sleep - in the meantime, get a cup of tea and a biscuit. (for you of course)

Inshock73 Sat 12-Dec-15 12:58:51

You're not a rubbish mother EVERYONE has times like this and it's perfectly normal to feel the way you do and to feel it of your depth sometimes. Babies/toddlers/children are complicated little beings with their own wants and needs and sometimes we just don't know what they are if they can't tell us. Relax, this moment will pass.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now