Talk

Advanced search

To hate the class bear

(23 Posts)
gatorgolf Fri 11-Dec-15 23:21:14

Ds hasn't had it yet but every Friday he goes in about how it's bear day. He never gets it just hate the fuckin bear

AgentZigzag Fri 11-Dec-15 23:24:14

I hate the bear too.

And the fucking penguin.

Smug bastards, I bet all their fb friends hate them with their smugtastic super exciting updates.

OSETmum Fri 11-Dec-15 23:31:35

I do think it's unfair that they claim they give it out for 'being good'. DS is always good ( not in a goody two shoes way, just in a quiet apparently unnoticeable way) but it took him ages to get the class bear. He was distraught and thought he needed to try harder. He didn't, but try explaining that to a small child!

PiperChapstick Fri 11-Dec-15 23:45:50

Class bears can fuck right off. DDs nursery ask people to take the bear away on holiday with them to take pictures for his scrapbook. He's bloody huge it's hard enough packing suitcases anyway and I'm amazed he's never been lost. Also his face is smug as fuck

Mmmmcake123 Sat 12-Dec-15 02:03:28

It's better than a hamster that is in the ball upstairs with strict instructions to keep bedroom door shut, only to be found at bottom of steep stairs. Horror

chilledwarmth Sat 12-Dec-15 02:16:48

I just wouldn't do it lol.

DangerMouth Sat 12-Dec-15 02:41:27

We've had it twice this year and l bloody hate it too. There's two different ones for different reasons. Last one we were so disinterested in we barely wrote anything in the 'what did teddy get up to' section.

guajiraguantanamera Sat 12-Dec-15 02:42:24

Mmmmm cake I lost our nursery class hamster in the video player when I was about 4. I was distraught. But she survived.

EnglishWeddingGuest Sat 12-Dec-15 02:53:02

When bear (actually it was an ostrich - go figure) came to our house for the WEEK he decided it was time for a meditative retreat where you sit and meditate and don't speak - photo of bird sitting still on yoga mat and incense and a diary entry saying "I think therefore I am"

Not sure if teacher was amused or upset - oh well

GnomeDePlume Sat 12-Dec-15 03:03:51

Ah yes, I do remember the class bear known in my house as Sodding Pepper.

We lived in the Netherlands at the time so Sodding Pepper's adventures had to be described in Dutch (which I didnt speak very well).

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Sat 12-Dec-15 07:11:21

We never had a class bear.

If we did I'd let him watch horror movies, get pissed, listen to some death metal and have a ONS.

He'd go back with a bandana and a few tattoos.

Enjolrass Sat 12-Dec-15 07:15:23

I thank the class bear gods that our school doesn't have one.

When I was at school we had a hamster. A real live hamster.

I hated it. The weekend I brought it home I was terrified it would die whilst at our house. Next time it was 'awarded to me' I said no.

I had a hamster, I loved the hamster. I didn't want another one or be responsible if it died.

It did actually die at a friends house all the kids were devastated. They didn't replace it.

Camarg0 Sat 12-Dec-15 07:22:56

DD1 brought the bloody class puppet home a few weeks ago and I hated it on sight with its grubbiness and self-satisfied face.

When all of the kids in the class have had their turn of housing it for a weekend, then they can volunteer to have it again.

I have made it very clear to DD that there will be severe consequences for her if she volunteers to have the grotty thing ever again. I bet most of the class parents have said the same to their child too.

I suspect that her teacher does it just to take the piss and annoy parents. She seems that sort grin

thatone Sat 12-Dec-15 07:46:48

Reception teacher here. As a parent I also hated it but my dss are now older so there is no danger of it.

In my defence the children absolutely love it, otherwise I would have done away with it long ago.

I used to decide who to send it with based on how desperate the children looked but now I just choose names from a hat to remove feelings of injustice.

WipsGlitter Sat 12-Dec-15 07:51:30

I don't get the angst about this. A few pics or a drawing write (get them to copy a few lines). Job done.

Also if they've not got it a quiet word with the teacher helps.

DS loved getting it.

SerialUndisclosed Sat 12-Dec-15 07:54:03

DS was handed the nursery bear when DS2 was 2 weeks old ffs. They thought he would like it to look after as mummy had a new baby. None of the nursery staff were mothers clearly.

Catsize Sat 12-Dec-15 07:54:59

OP, you just need to grin and bear it.

Hygellig Sat 12-Dec-15 07:55:42

We thought we'd lost the class bear last time he came home (turns out he was in DH's coat pocket). In Year 1 I'm told the children have to write the bear's diary themselves, a laborious process that I'm not looking forward to. We haven't had a class bear in Reception yet; maybe there isn't one (although I do quite like reading what other families get up to at the weekend).

NotMyMonkey Sat 12-Dec-15 08:03:41

Yanbu. We are still yet to get the class bear which ds is desperate for. Every Friday he watches others take it home and asks when it's going to be his turn. He is well behaved, polite and friendly but he is quiet so I often feel he is a bit forgotten.

Just give him the fucking bear!

teeththief Sat 12-Dec-15 08:04:05

When my DD was in reception the bear used to go home with a different child DAILY! 22 children in class, 190 school days a year (i think). We had the damn thing about 8 times that year!

Miloarmadillo1 Sat 12-Dec-15 08:04:30

You'll hate it even more when your turn comes around....

DisneyMillie Sat 12-Dec-15 08:19:35

So glad dd is now in year 1 - hated the last two years of bears and monkeys - they only got them for one night and had to do the whole photo and writing thing. Homework for parents

x2boys Sat 12-Dec-15 09:13:15

my sons school had this not for being good [ although he always is ] i think they all got a turn which is surprising as the bloody school always picks the same children for everything there is an activity next week which the school had been invited to take part in and only children in yr 3and 4 were going ds is in yr 4 they had limited places however so only some kids can go i knew it would be the same kids that get picked for everything that would be picked and sure enough ds was not picked but the usual suspects were ds is lovely hardworking trys his best but not academic pisses me right off sorry to derail the thread!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now