Talk

Advanced search

To challenge this parking ticket?

(8 Posts)
BasinHaircut Fri 11-Dec-15 08:36:38

We are having some work done on our house and so there is a skip and a big pile of building materials in the drive. Because of this we are parking in front of the drive.

This morning the builders have turned up and told me I have a parking ticket. I haven't opened it yet but I'm assuming it's because I'm parked across a dropped curb.

Does it make a difference if it's my own drive I've parked across? Is it worth me challenging it wise mumsnetters?

littlemermaid80 Fri 11-Dec-15 08:41:38

I used to work in parking notice processing for local council, if we received a challenge like yours then we would always ask to see written evidence of the work being carried out eg copy of invoice etc.
Then we would cancel the ticket.

Definitely write in and challenge, attach any proof and wait for the outcome.

BasinHaircut Fri 11-Dec-15 09:29:04

Ohh thanks mermaid that's really helpful. I'll definitely try that.

Dowser Fri 11-Dec-15 10:23:15

Yes, yes yes and make

Www.pepipoo.com
You're friend.

SpangleDragon Fri 11-Dec-15 11:16:34

when challenging, send a photo of the filled driveway, surely thats all they need?

littlemermaid80 Fri 11-Dec-15 19:47:41

Great OP hope you get a good result.

No, in my experience official documentation is needed.

What contravention code is it OP?
If its 27 then appeal.
If its 01 then still appeal, but be prepared for the fact that they may refuse it. Based on your area.

ButterflyUpSoHigh Fri 11-Dec-15 20:48:03

I doubt you will be successful nobody should be parked across a dropped kerb even if it is yours.

BasinHaircut Sun 13-Dec-15 07:53:18

The ticket is for parking with 2 wheels on the pavement rather than being across the drive, do you think that will make a difference?

All of the bays down this road are half on the pavement so I was parked consistently with them (there are no parking restrictions, just marked bays).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now