Talk

Advanced search

AIBU in wondering how Mr Men and Little Misses...

(126 Posts)
TiggyD Thu 10-Dec-15 21:24:53

...Breed? It not the apparent lack of any genitalia so much as the shapes of them and genetics. If Mr Tickle was to have children with Little Miss Tiny, would the children be tiny with huge arms? Slightly smallish with quite long arms? Could the tickle/tiny genes be totally dominant so that all children will be tiny or long armed? Or even worse, both tiny AND long armed?

TiggyD Thu 10-Dec-15 21:41:21

It can't be just me, surely?

MrsLeighHalfpenny Thu 10-Dec-15 21:43:55

You know they're not real??

BrianButterfield Thu 10-Dec-15 21:44:49

Don't think about it, because the whole genetics aspect is troubling. It's the classic "nature vs nurture" thing. If their personalities are acquired, rather than innate, where do their names come from? Are they nameless for a while? But if it's innate, from where do they get their traits? There only seems to be one of each 'kind' so it can't be inherited - does each new person get a new personality?

BillBrysonsBeard Thu 10-Dec-15 21:45:27

What have you been smoking and please can I have some grin

TiggyD Thu 10-Dec-15 21:45:48

How do you define "real"?

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Thu 10-Dec-15 21:45:56

I always wonder how they pay the mortgage on their lovely cottages in the countryside.

They all live alone and none seem to work.

ThinkAboutItTomorrow Thu 10-Dec-15 21:47:23

Interesting question. What about nature vs nurture? For some of the less physiological types (e.g. Mr Happy) how does that work? If Mr. silly and little miss giggles got together would their offspring be bouncing off the walls happy? Or could they rebel against parental expectation and be miserable little gits?

Peskyelephant Thu 10-Dec-15 21:47:44

Mr Small tried to get a job. But he was too small.

TiggyD Thu 10-Dec-15 21:48:20

I was thinking about the names Brian. Maybe they start off with ordinary names like Ian Peterson or Clair Rumbold, then at age 15 they have a naming ceremony where their characteristic name is given unto them by their community.

Bettercallsaul1 Thu 10-Dec-15 21:48:55

I really wish I lived in Happyland.

BrianButterfield Thu 10-Dec-15 21:50:21

Surely over time you'd get very short of names, though. You'd end up with "Mr Breathes-Loudly" and "Little Miss Slightly Pedantic" (to distinguish her from Little Miss Pendantic).

Bettercallsaul1 Thu 10-Dec-15 21:50:43

If only I could find that tree in the woods with the little yellow door...

TiggyD Thu 10-Dec-15 21:53:18

And on a related topic there's the whole smurf breeding issue.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Thu 10-Dec-15 22:00:50

I've just remembered - Little Miss Chatterbox has a job! She's the speaking clock grin.

<apologies for the spoiler if anyone was looking forward to reading Little Miss Chatterbox>

BertieBotts Thu 10-Dec-15 22:02:58

You are joking, I know, but there is actually some slightly disturbing fan fiction based on the Mr Men series.

TheIncredibleBookEatingManchot Thu 10-Dec-15 22:03:12

I'm sure there were signs of the beginnings of romance between Little Miss Shy and Mr Quiet and Little Miss Tiny and Mr Small.

I'm guessing that if they did have children together they must have taken after their parents who had similar attributes.

But I reckon that for the offspring of completely opposite Mrs and Little Misses genetics would work in mysterious ways and they would have children who were different to both of them.

I have no scientific basis for this theory, just a gut feeling.

ProcessYellowC Thu 10-Dec-15 22:03:24

Donnie Darko has some theories on the smurf breeding issue.

PurpleGreenAvocado Thu 10-Dec-15 22:05:21

Mr small got s job, he's an accountant at a local firm outed myself, oops

InkleWinkle Thu 10-Dec-15 22:05:41

Mr Neat & Mr Tidy - they have jobs.

TheIncredibleBookEatingManchot Thu 10-Dec-15 22:10:14

Mr Quiet got a job in a library.

PurpleThermalsNowItsWinter Thu 10-Dec-15 22:10:39

Surely mr silly and little miss giggles have to have a child like little miss emo or mr (my art is) serious.

TheWordOfBagheera Thu 10-Dec-15 22:14:57

I can't get past Mr Tickle just assaulting everyone he comes across with his long tickly arms and then getting away with it grin

Bettercallsaul1 Thu 10-Dec-15 22:16:18

Mr Bump has a job knocking apples down from trees. The Mr's and Misses are productive citzens.

Bettercallsaul1 Thu 10-Dec-15 22:17:13

*citizens

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now