Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think they should have phoned me when they said they would re:job and not doing so is disrespectful

(31 Posts)
Worryworker Thu 10-Dec-15 19:21:29

So I went for a job interview yesterday morning. They explained they had another interview this morning and that they would let me know today if I'd been successful (there were 4 candidates in total). I've heard nothing having understandably been on edge and anxious all day! Am I right to feel this is very disrespectful to not call when they said they would? (Was in the NHS by the way if this makes any difference!). I appreciate they may be busy but to me this is not good practice. Aibu?

RubbleBubble00 Thu 10-Dec-15 19:23:05

They said they would let u know if your have been successful - if you haven't heard then doesn't that mean you don't have the job?

ClashCityRocker Thu 10-Dec-15 19:23:26

I read that as they would only ring if you were successful. We tend to only ring to make an offer - otherwise they get a letter.

TheWitTank Thu 10-Dec-15 19:27:28

Also read as they would ring if you were successful (as in if not, you wouldn't hear anything). Sorry OP, hope I am wrong or you find something soon.

Worryworker Thu 10-Dec-15 19:31:24

Nope was told we'd be phoned whatever. Have worked in said NHS trust for 11 yrs and that's always been the case, if got job or not you're called personally and informed.

TheWitTank Thu 10-Dec-15 19:33:36

No idea then -maybe they haven't made a decision? Maybe it was too late to ring around?

AnchorDownDeepBreath Thu 10-Dec-15 19:34:09

If you know for a fact that this NHS trust calls everyone, successful or not, then surely you know that they haven't made a decision yet?

There could have been something of higher importance that delayed things. Wait it out.

Gliblet Thu 10-Dec-15 19:35:04

Don't phone and get grumpy! It could be something as simple as one candidate's paperwork not being sorted and having to wait, also possible that you're second choice candidate and they're giving the first choice a few hours to think it over (had that before). Either way, possibly a little annoying but not unusual.

HermioneWeasley Thu 10-Dec-15 19:36:34

These things happen - I don't think a company has ever got back to me about a job when they said they would.

QueryQuery Thu 10-Dec-15 19:37:55

It is very poor of them not to call when you've made the effort to apply and attend.

I'm waiting to hear on one from yesterday. They said I'd hear by lunch today at the very latest. Pretty sure I haven't got it, but I have been offered a temp role so need to be able to make a decision.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 10-Dec-15 19:38:13

You might be second choice and they're waiting for an acceptance from the first choice before telling you you're unsuccessful.

YeOldeTrout Thu 10-Dec-15 19:57:04

Other candidate is dithering over whether to accept the job.
So decision about OP not yet made.
If you ring up with a bad attitude, then you definitely won't get the job either.

BanningTheWordNaice Thu 10-Dec-15 20:02:23

YANBU although they could well be waiting for someone to respond and be held up. Or they could just be disorganised. I had to wait a week after doing a 2 hour task only to have to email them to be told I hadn't got it. You have my sympathies.

Worryworker Thu 10-Dec-15 20:03:31

I wouldn't ring up with a bad attitude.
I guess I just need to wait it out as some of u have said, something more pressing may have come up. It's just horrible waiting around!

Worryworker Thu 10-Dec-15 20:05:44

That's rough banner.
Job interviews are stressful enough without additional stress and worry of waiting longer than expected/told!

hefzi Thu 10-Dec-15 20:17:20

It's horrid stuck there waiting, but it's not at all uncommon that this happens: good luck!

Gliblet Thu 10-Dec-15 20:18:12

I know it's horrible waiting but I would feel like a total tit ringing a candidate for a job and saying 'Hello! We haven't decided yet!'

Fingers crossed for good news tomorrow.

originalmavis Thu 10-Dec-15 20:19:10

Nobody ever calls when they say!

Crispbutty Thu 10-Dec-15 20:29:10

Could be that other candidates had to reschedule so they have had hold off on making a decision. I agree waiting is horrible though. Good luck for when you do hear.

x2boys Thu 10-Dec-15 20:35:13

I worked in the NHS for years when I got my first job there after the interview I heard nothing so assumed I hadn't been successful in till weeks later I got a letter inviting me for a medical to start my new job they had forgot to phone me there the NHS for youhmm

FishWithABicycle Thu 10-Dec-15 20:45:41

Last time I posted on a thread where this had happened, the OP did get the job in the end.

What I said then, I'll say again now - this is usually because you have made the top 2 and either (a) they can't decide which so they are sleeping on it and may contact you in the morning either with a decision or to invite you back for a second interview or (b) you are choice #2 but they have a good reason to believe that #1 is likely to turn the job offer down so they don't want to reject you till they have a firm acceptance from #1.

Last time, it turned out to be (b)

Worryworker Fri 11-Dec-15 13:36:17

Received a call this morning- got the job!
She apologised for not calling yest, had hectic day etc fsmile

SpangleDragon Fri 11-Dec-15 13:46:23

Yay!!! well done!!!!

BanningTheWordNaice Fri 11-Dec-15 13:48:28

Well donesmile

QueryQuery Fri 11-Dec-15 20:52:40

Oh well done, OP.

I still haven't heard. I did drop the agency an email, which they have read, but no joy. Won't hear until Monday now at the earliest. I've accepted the temp role as they wouldn't wait forever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now