Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

inappropriate customer

(92 Posts)
MagicFinger Thu 10-Dec-15 09:05:20

DH is a builder and a year ago worked for a couple. The woman would ask what his favourite cake was then bake them and send photos of them to his whatsapp. She would ask him round for cups of tea and send personal emails asking how he was and saying she was worried about him as hadn't seen him for a while...

I found this inappropriate so asked him not to do anymore work for them.

A year later she has contacted him again, she's recommended him for a big contract and also wants him back to work in her new house. I found a couple of texts from her on his phone and a couple of others which the phone said had been deleted...

He says I'm being crazy and that he feels he needs to keep her happy as she's got him this big contract.

I feel really weird about it, Aibu?

TwoSmellyDogs Thu 10-Dec-15 09:07:39

I found a couple of texts from her on his phone and a couple of others which the phone said had been deleted...

That's a handy feature - what phone does that?

BolshierAryaStark Thu 10-Dec-15 09:09:39

Yes how did you manage to retrieve deleted texts?

PurpleDaisies Thu 10-Dec-15 09:09:41

I found a couple of texts from her on his phone and a couple of others which the phone said had been deleted...

I might be a bit technologically challenged but I've never heard of this. How does that work and why were you reading his messages?

expatinscotland Thu 10-Dec-15 09:09:45

YANBU

MagicFinger Thu 10-Dec-15 09:09:50

Samsung Galaxy, I clicked on her name in the called list (saved as a nickname hmm) and it said deleted next to the text icons

PurpleDaisies Thu 10-Dec-15 09:10:01

Cross posted with everyone!

UtterlyClueless Thu 10-Dec-15 09:10:48

Id also like to know this little magic deleted texts trick

MagicFinger Thu 10-Dec-15 09:10:49

It's an S5, I didn't even realise the function existed until this morning!

UtterlyClueless Thu 10-Dec-15 09:11:07

Xpost

MagicFinger Thu 10-Dec-15 09:11:46

You can't read the messages, it just says deleted.

UtterlyClueless Thu 10-Dec-15 09:12:26

Do you not think its dodgy DH has deleted the texts?

PurpleDaisies Thu 10-Dec-15 09:12:31

What I meant was why were you reading his messages in the first place? It sounds like you don't trust him.

TwoSmellyDogs Thu 10-Dec-15 09:12:44

Not on my Samsung Galaxy it doesn't! grin

MagicFinger Thu 10-Dec-15 09:15:31

He has a galaxy s5, I don't know if that makes a difference.

RabbitSaysWoof Thu 10-Dec-15 09:16:46

YANBU. I know a few women who behave like this, like every man they are attracted to is a potential just because they are available. I take it the woman is single now?
I have actually fallen out with friends for reminding them that men they are trying to get the constant attention of are attached blush Makes me come across like a prude, but seriously pisses me off.

MagicFinger Thu 10-Dec-15 09:16:58

Yes I think it's really dodgy, he says he did it because he knew how I would react.. Although he didn't delete all of them, just two hmm

MagicFinger Thu 10-Dec-15 09:18:48

We've had a bit of a rough patch lately, the same as last time she was on the scene.

I don't normally look at his phone but he's been so 'off' and he left it at home this morning by mistake. Was back 5 minutes later and caught me looking at it.

RabbitSaysWoof Thu 10-Dec-15 09:20:27

FWIW your DH if he's decent would probably be just going along for the work and pay, but this woman clearly wants he's attention more than a job done.

Scarydinosaurs Thu 10-Dec-15 09:21:18

What did he say when he caught you looking at it?

Is it the messages that have been deleted? I don't understand how that works. I think you've misunderstood it.

Do you trust him when he says nothing is going on?

Paintedhandprints Thu 10-Dec-15 09:28:14

Sounds like he was just being friendly to keep the client sweet but knew you would be unreasonably jealous about it. To be fair to you its best for all concerned to communicate about this sort of thing. It would have been better if your dh had just been upfront 'client has been sending me this and baking cakes again, I don't want to lose this contract cos we need the money' sort of thing.

MagicFinger Thu 10-Dec-15 09:34:48

In the call log when I clicked on her name it had the calls, text messages and next to some of the text message icons it a said 'deleted'. I wish I'd take a screen shot!

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Thu 10-Dec-15 09:36:22

If its like my phone the messages themselves can be deleted but the call log would say that a message had arrived/been sent.

goodnightdarthvader1 Thu 10-Dec-15 09:37:34

Skype does this. Hella dodgy. Instead of just removing the message it says "message deleted". Thanks Skype, now it looks like I have something to hide!

winkywinkybumbum Thu 10-Dec-15 09:38:47

I agree that it is possible to see that on a galaxy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now