Talk

Advanced search

to be miffed with DH over this?

(21 Posts)
SparklyTinselTits Thu 10-Dec-15 07:13:38

Sleep is a valuable commodity in our house at the moment. We have an 8mo who isn't the best sleeper in the world, I've just started a new job which is all evening work (home after midnight on work days then up at 6am with DD, plus the odd night waking). So sleep is the thing I look forward to most! But last night, we went to bed early, and DTD for the first time in a couple of weeks. Yay grin....but I woke up this morning, to find a lovely, teenage style hickey/love bite, whatever you want to call it, right on the side of my neck, in full view of everyone. angry my job requires me to have my hair tied up, so I can't even hide it with my hair at work tonight, and make up only does so much! AIBU to be a bit miffed with him??

TheBunnyOfDoom Thu 10-Dec-15 07:23:22

Just cover it with foundation? Annoying, yes, but surely you knew he was doing it? confused

molyholy Thu 10-Dec-15 07:23:38

Yabu to not realise that your neck was getting sucked so hard that your blood vessels burst but yanbu to be pissed off with you dh. Lovebite fgs. How old is he? Options are:
Wear a polo neck
get the concealer out
wear it with pride.

echt Thu 10-Dec-15 07:25:26

Do they still make Hide 'n' Heal? It was the hickey meister back in the day.

ProfessorPreciseaBug Thu 10-Dec-15 07:27:45

YANBU

I would never do that sort of thing to my other half. I shows lack of respect for them...

wigglesrock Thu 10-Dec-15 07:28:20

When my kids were that age they used to give me marks that looked liked love bites, if you're worried about what people might say - just laugh it off with that. Toothpaste was the cure when I was younger, stick some on now.

Nothighgaphere Thu 10-Dec-15 07:32:41

Yeah, I'd blame the baby.

maras2 Thu 10-Dec-15 07:35:51

Toothpaste and an old penny was the cure all back in the day (1960's),all covered up with a polo neck jumper.Joking apart it's a bit of a daft thing to do.I'd be furious if my DH did this to me but am sure that I'd have known what he was doing no matter how caught up in the moment.

SparklyTinselTits Thu 10-Dec-15 07:36:56

Blame the baby grin
I realised he was kissing/sucking my neck, but didn't think it was hard enough to leave a mark or I would have stopped him....I must bruise like a peach hmm

grumpysquash2 Thu 10-Dec-15 08:05:05

You really could blame the baby. One of mine latched on to DH's cheek once and left a mark......
But probably best not to draw attention to it in case no-one believes you.

BaBaBaBoomBoom Thu 10-Dec-15 08:09:02

100% blame the baby, but only if you catch someone giving you a sideways look, and laugh about how it looks like a love bite..

I would be very unimpressed with Dp though

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Thu 10-Dec-15 08:22:35

Silly bugger. Once you've left school, the place for lovebites is the inner thigh: not normally visible, but if it's noticed the envy makes your day.

maybebabybee Thu 10-Dec-15 08:43:02

You can easily blame the baby, worry not OP.

Bit shock at some of the reactions to lovebites here though, what's wrong with them?!

peggyundercrackers Thu 10-Dec-15 08:43:52

Blame the baby? But Will anyone believe you? Toothpaste was the remedy when I was young

Doilooklikeatourist Thu 10-Dec-15 08:48:26

Blame the baby
My DD gave me a huge love bite on my boob , still remember and she's 18 now !

Sprink Thu 10-Dec-15 08:52:12

A short silk scarf at a jaunty angle. Very Audtey Hepburn. That tart.

SparklyTinselTits Thu 10-Dec-15 09:08:48

I'm going to try doing my hair Elsa from Frozen style, and see if the braid will lay over it!!

TheWordOfBagheera Thu 10-Dec-15 09:26:51

I got tonnes of 'lovebites' from my babies all over me (face, arms, neck, even one on my thigh when a cruising 9 month old launched at me whilst I was sat on the toilet!)... now wondering what people must have thought of me grin.

If you catch anyone looking at it just say "I have an 8 month old baby" and smile. Just don't look embarrassed and it will be fine!

CassieBearRawr Thu 10-Dec-15 09:37:28

Love bites are best left where no one else can see them grin

Enjolrass Thu 10-Dec-15 12:58:37

I would imagine that if you didn't realise he was doing it hard enough to give a love bite, neither did he.

Unless he has form for trying the brand you (an ex used to do this to me so that people was know I was taken) I wouldn't be mad at him.

I would actually make a joke out of it.

At work, I would try and hide it. If that doesn't work.........blame the baby!

SparklyTinselTits Thu 10-Dec-15 14:23:53

I've tried out the Elsa-style braid. That coupled with a bit of concealer seems to be doing a good enough job of hiding it....I work in quite a posh hotel, so don't think my boss would appreciate me sporting a hickey blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now