to be ready to cry all the time randomly

(4 Posts)
EvaBING Wed 09-Dec-15 20:30:17

but I don't.
But the feeling is there.
And I can't figure out why apart from that I am feeling sorry for myself.

I'm already on prozac. Have just moved back to England so no GP yet and almost out of prozac, but can't get myself together enough to find a new GP.

Being on the verge of tears on a permanent basis is a very new thing for me.

ButEmilylovedhim Wed 09-Dec-15 20:41:58

Ah, that's rough OP. I'd say it's the having moved away from all that is familiar is the cause. Like homesickness I guess. On top of depression, that's going to make you feel sad. It is important you don't run out of your anti depressant though, to avoid feeling worse. Can you make little steps towards finding a GP? Like find a nearby one on google. Have a little read about it, go and get a cup of tea. Then in a while, couple of hours maybe, after another cuppa, give them a ring? Little steps. Explain you need an urgent prescription and have just moved into the area. Might speed things up a bit.

And maybe you need to have a cry. I feel stronger once I've let it out. It's a response to stress really. Not weakness. Sending you a virtual hug and lots of brew and cake

littlemermaid80 Wed 09-Dec-15 20:50:27

Feel free to pm me if you like. I have recently moved to a town where my DH and I know virtually no one. The loneliness was overwhelming at first. I felt like bursting into tears on a daily basis.

I have taken Prozac for 4 years, recently weaned myself off it. It was a personal decision, along with my GPs help, I decided I would prefer to be off it.

Can you do as an above poster suggested and take small baby steps, maybe google a doctor and make a note of the number? Then a little while later give them a ring.
Go out for a little walk tomorrow if you feel up to it.

Cry if you want to, it's therapeutic smile

flowers

missymayhemsmum Thu 10-Dec-15 06:49:50

Because moving is hard and stressful!
Give yourself lots of hugs and kindness. Have a cry if it helps, do things that make you feel better and maybe just accept that after any big life change it's entirely normal to feel a bit fragile for a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now