Talk

Advanced search

To be fed up, and spend all day on the sofa watching Christmas films on Netflix

(7 Posts)
CesareBorgiasUnicornMask Wed 09-Dec-15 12:30:58

In the last six and a bit weeks, I have had two bouts of tonsillitis, a chest infection, a major allergic reaction to the flu jab and food poisoning. Each time I've either taken no time off (apart from the food poisoning episode) or just gone in slightly late or come home early. Today, after a grand total of three days feeling well, I've woken up deaf in one ear, with a raging sore throat and a temperature. I'm pretty sure that this time it's actually just a cold, but I've called in sick and actually think that this time I might actually try to get properly better. I cannot carry on like this. So I've spent all morning doing nothing, and now I feel like I should use the time to do something as the house is a tip, we have no Christmas decorations up, not a single card written... BUT I DON'T WANT TO I JUST WANT TO DO NOTHING. fsad fangry

<apologies if this makes no sense - I feel like death and basically just wanted to rant....>

MargotLovedTom Wed 09-Dec-15 12:33:10

Why would you try to do something when you're feeling like shit? You've called in sick for reason so get a blanket and watch whatever the hell you want woman wink.

LaurieFairyCake Wed 09-Dec-15 12:36:14

I've been ill for a week and been in to work. I was so grateful that my afternoon work cancelled yesterday so I just sat on the couch and stared into space for 4 hours.

There is no way I had the energy to do anything. So don't thanks

keely79 Wed 09-Dec-15 12:36:17

Your body is trying to tell you that you need to rest and recuperate - listen to it.

5Foot5 Wed 09-Dec-15 13:37:53

Absolutely YANBU. Now - what are you going to watch?

I know "Love Actually" would get a lot of people's votes but personally I think I would start with "Die Hard" and then move on to "The Good Life Christmas Special", though that one might be from a DVD I don't suppose Netflix would have it.

Damselindestress Wed 09-Dec-15 13:39:34

Of course YANBU. You need to rest to heal. I've been soldiering on at work with a persistent cough for weeks (don't worry I've been to the dr) and now I feel really run down and have picked up another bug. I've absolutely had to take a couple of days off, although I hate to feel like I'm letting people down. Yesterday I was trying to tidy and be productive so I know how you feel but when I woke up feeling worse today I realised I actually need to take it easy. Listen to what your body is telling you.

BillBrysonsBeard Wed 09-Dec-15 15:16:40

Your health is more important than cleaning and decorations! Rest up and hopefully you'll be right for Christmas smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now