Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to think not much has changed or has it

(4 Posts)
Tamponlady Tue 08-Dec-15 21:01:12

50 years since the race relations act Aibu to think unless you live in Manchester ,Cardiff ,London ,Birmingham not much has really changed

People now just won't call you a n####to your face but they still think yOur one

When I was at school the things I used to have to put up with from other kids and teachers was just 😥 However
The only time I have ever been overtly racially abused as adult is when I have left London

Not to say people haven't been covertly rasict however I can't prove that so

Think I find is that being married to a white man he gets a unique view people say things I guess they wouldn't dare say in my company not realising he's married to a balck women

OddSocksHighHeels Tue 08-Dec-15 22:38:44

I'm not old enough to know how things used to be and I'm white and living in London so possibly not the best qualified to answer.

I'm sorry you've had to experience racism flowers

InTheBox Tue 08-Dec-15 22:44:14

I absolutely agree with you.

FWIW, I personally find covert racism the worst, because like you say, you can't prove it.

GiddyOnZackHunt Tue 08-Dec-15 22:54:45

I agree. I'm white in a terribly middle class area. I've had random neighbours and acquaintances say outstandingly racist things on a few occasions in the sincere belief that they'd be agreed with. I'm a card carrying lefty and it's shocked me to hear it. Needless to say I've pulled them up on it.
sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now