Talk

Advanced search

To tell you I think I was wrong?

(9 Posts)
Blacktealeaves Tue 08-Dec-15 16:46:01

Almost certainly unreasonable to start a taat and about this favourite subject.

Last year when I had a 10 month old baby, and a school age DD, I was fairly certain (under a different name) that it was fine to bring all younger siblings to school nativity.

Now DS is a toddler and there is no way I would bring him. He will be up and down the aisles like a loon, and probably trying to go on stage which I will hurt my back trying to prevent. Not worth it.

I know all toddlers are not alike. And I have childcare because I work. Although am both taking a day off work and booking extra childcare to go to play.

I thought you might like to hear someone say "I think I was wrong" though. [Grin]

EatShitDerek Tue 08-Dec-15 16:49:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Blacktealeaves Tue 08-Dec-15 16:51:44

Ha maybe not.

Probably also trying to work out if my toddler is more of a handful than other people's. Unanswerable question I expect.

3perfectweemen Tue 08-Dec-15 16:55:19

Nope my 21 month old at time kept shouting put the light on at the last play I went. Got way to excited and loud when he seen his big brother on stage lol

ThatsNiceDear Tue 08-Dec-15 16:58:43

I thought ds was a little bit naughty but I took him to dd's nativity today and he was quiet and sat down all the way through so maybe he's not naughty after all I did have to tell him to stop kicking the chair in front though.

CFSsucks Tue 08-Dec-15 17:03:51

He sounds like the toddlers I have seen at the school plays. The difference is you are willing to do something about it as opposed to the parents who think their snowflake is loved by all and it's perfectly fine for them to run up and down the Isle whilst being ignored and run right up to the stage, destracting the children and still the parents just sit there and smile indulgently. I go to the evening performances now where it's secondary age and over grin.

MascaraAndConverse89 Tue 08-Dec-15 17:06:13

I have a 4 year old DS, a 2 year old DS and a 10mth old DS. My eldest's nativity is on Friday and there is no way I'm taking either of them! Luckily I do have childcare arrangements because DS2 is at playgroup and DS3 is with family members. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to go.

WhatTheHellDoIDoNoww Tue 08-Dec-15 17:34:55

Absolutely no pre-schoolers allowed at the two primary schools that my DCs attended/attend. School actually say that if you bring your baby/toddler with you, you will be refused entry. Zero tolerance. Which I think is a good thing now I don't have any under school age - used to rant about it when I did!

Blacktealeaves Tue 08-Dec-15 18:00:51

That's good, that's nice dear!

But what did our parents do, do you think?

I think I am surprised because by the time DD was strong and co-ordinated enough to try to climb on stage/ run amok, she had more language and I could explain why she couldn't. Or she was more easily distracted. Or perhaps I've just forgotten!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now