Talk

Advanced search

To be pissed at neighbour's blasting Taylor Swift every day

(6 Posts)
frillybiscuits Tue 08-Dec-15 12:38:33

I've posted many a thread about my noisy and selfish neighbour's. They have a habit of playing really loud music above me (my bedroom is their living room, rooms can't be swapped) in the early hours and late at night. I'm 30 weeks pg and struggle with sickness and extreme fatigue so I don't really appreciate the same Taylor Swift songs being played over and over if I'm having a bad day. Honestly, it's like I'm living below a teenage girl and she may as well just come and play it in my flat with how loud she has it. I can't relax anywhere in my flat because it just ripples throughout the whole place. I often find myself travelling 1 hour just to relax at my parent's.

I have tried to speak to them about it but they are very rude because they own their flat they think noise rules don't apply to them. Friday's and Saturdays are the worst when they go out drinking and come clashing back at 3am bounding around in heels and blasting yet more Taylor swift. She doesn't listen to anything else. They also have their TV on extremely high until 2 am most nights. They know my bedroom is below their living room so must be aware I'm trying to sleep. Moving is not an option until baby is 6 months old and if it's not sorted before baby is here I will end up doing something stupid like smashing their door/windows because I live alone and won't be able to cope with the noise from them. I no doubt imagine they'll just turn their music/tv up louder if baby is crying making it worse. Is there anyone I can contact about it? I'm running out of hope that it will endsad

Damselindestress Tue 08-Dec-15 12:42:24

YANBU. Since you have already tried talking to them about it I would make a complaint. Here is some information on making a complaint to your council about noise nuisance. www.gov.uk/how-to-resolve-neighbour-disputes/complain-about-noise-to-the-council

frillybiscuits Tue 08-Dec-15 12:47:08

Thank you! I'll go forward with a complaint. I've been keeping a noise diary so that should help back up the complaint. It's just causing me so much unneeded stress. I love this flat, I've just finished decorating it and I'm so comfortable here. I don't pay £400 a month to not even be able to relax in my own home. Their banging, slamming doors and shouting startles me too as I live alone and I get quite anxious sad

Damselindestress Tue 08-Dec-15 12:53:13

Keeping a noise diary is a good idea. It sounds like a very stressful situation and your neighbours are not open to discussing or resolving it so you need to get professionals involved. Good luck.

frillybiscuits Tue 08-Dec-15 12:55:20

I just wish it was something mildly better than Taylor swift, I feel like there's a teenage disco party going on above me every daygrin

Helloitsme15 Tue 08-Dec-15 13:22:41

Do you own your flat? If you do and make a complaint it will be on record and may make it harder to sell.
If you don't own it - complain away!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now