Talk

Advanced search

Am I the only one who can never find what I need in the shops?

(25 Posts)
StealthPolarBear Mon 07-Dec-15 18:07:44

This morning I discovered ds needs a shepherd costume, definitely by Friday but really asap. So I'd really just like to walk into a shop, pick one up, pay and leave knowing I have it sorted. Well apparently they don't sell them in:
Sainsbury
tesco
asda
smyths
tk max
Argos
any of the little fancy dress shops near where I work, dh works or my mum lives.
I had similar wit an elf the other day, I did find one eventually but went into about ten shops where the staff looked at me blankly.
I know I could make one. But I'll need to buy stuff, make the damn thing which I am shit at and it won't look as good. I have loads to do, is it too much to ask that at Christmas I might be able to buy a shepherd outfit in normal high street shops?

Sigh

didireallysaythat Mon 07-Dec-15 18:09:16

EBay is your friend.

EponasWildDaughter Mon 07-Dec-15 18:10:16

Internet is your friend OP. The much moaned about Amazon is a life saver for us many a time these days. You can get what you want delivered to your door well within a week.

GingerFoxInAT0phat Mon 07-Dec-15 18:10:24

I saw a shepherds outfit in a big tesco last week, have you tried their website for click and collect?

jelliebelly Mon 07-Dec-15 18:11:18

Amazon or eBay brilliant for this kind of thing - I hardly ever set foot in a real shop these days!

StealthPolarBear Mon 07-Dec-15 18:12:41

I want to sort it today. I will not be in for the rest of the week and cannot deal with chasing up parcels at the post office etc.
Thanks ginger I will go to a big tesco tonight and have a look. There certainly aren't any on their website but maybe that doesn't always have the seasonal stuff.

StealthPolarBear Mon 07-Dec-15 18:13:26

But amazon or eBay is only ok if you can wait a day or two and guarantee to be in! I thought shops still sold stuff confused

StealthPolarBear Mon 07-Dec-15 18:15:48

And near tesco there is tk max and a couple of others I think so will look at all. Soo frustrating.

Bobbi50000 Mon 07-Dec-15 18:16:06

Could you just plonk a tea towel on his head and give him a stick?

StealthPolarBear Mon 07-Dec-15 18:18:14

Yes if it comes to it I will do something like that. Not even sure I could find a stick - all the ones in the woods will be filthy!
At worst ill see if I can find some brown clothes.

MigGril Mon 07-Dec-15 18:18:29

Can you have things delivered to your or DH work address this is really handy if you can't be at home to get parcels. Or click and collect is your friend.

StealthPolarBear Mon 07-Dec-15 18:20:43

Nowhere that does click and collect - tesco, sainsburys, argos seems to have them though

StealthPolarBear Mon 07-Dec-15 18:21:47

And no for various reasons click and collect to work is equally unpractical.

Sorry for being a grump and finding fault with all suggestions. I just need a break. And I need the shops to actually sell what I need!

StealthPolarBear Mon 07-Dec-15 18:22:13

Delivery to work that should have said

EnjoyTheSimpleThingsInLife Mon 07-Dec-15 18:28:45

Is there a Peacocks near you??

www.peacocks.co.uk/boys-shepherd-dress-up-mid-blue.html

StealthPolarBear Mon 07-Dec-15 18:31:37

Just looked on store locator and YES there is, kn the same shopping complex i'm going tonight. And it's open till 8.
Thank you! !!

doublechocchip Mon 07-Dec-15 18:32:02

They had them for £4 in aldi today in ages 5-6 and 7-8 if that's any use?

StealthPolarBear Mon 07-Dec-15 18:33:39

Yes alDi is there too with tk max . Looking g good thanks all

StealthPolarBear Mon 07-Dec-15 18:53:16

Matalan down, the others to go. I can't see peacocks

StealthPolarBear Mon 07-Dec-15 18:57:33

Home bargains has one, bit small. Getting it anyway while I look in the rest

StealthPolarBear Mon 07-Dec-15 19:03:59

Nothing in alDi. I don't think peacocks exists!

StealthPolarBear Mon 07-Dec-15 19:08:12

Really hope he fits the small one sad

The80sweregreat Mon 07-Dec-15 19:11:06

Its shit isnt it? I think the big stores will all just be on line in the future. No staff to pay ( well, a few, but not as many)
Hope you find one soon

StealthPolarBear Mon 07-Dec-15 19:57:03

It fits perfectly smile ok he won't get much wear out of it but it only has to last till friday

Sunflower1985 Mon 07-Dec-15 20:03:47

Had this last week for my 2yo. Came back from holiday on the Monday and he needed a star costume by Friday. And I work all week. Went along to sainsbury Friday morning, where I was told to look, only to find a gap on the shelves. Loads of Santas and kings and Angels but no friggin Stars left. So I cut arms in a starry present bag and wrapped him in gold ribbon. There he was lined up with all the pretty store bought stars. But you know what, he's 2 ffs, cried through the performance anyway and no ones looking at anyone but their own child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now