Talk

Advanced search

to LTB because he keeps hunning me?

(36 Posts)
Nabootique Mon 07-Dec-15 14:49:07

Just that, really. Or should I just point out that "hun" is a no no? grin

Dipankrispaneven Mon 07-Dec-15 15:06:25

YANBU. Tell him it's definite grounds for divorce.

chanelfreak Mon 07-Dec-15 15:23:07

My DH uses 'pet' instead. Sometimes I fear I will go blind from sheer unadulterated rage. DOes you DH know you hate it? Mine does, but he keeps at it to annoy me, the sod.

Nabootique Mon 07-Dec-15 15:32:37

I've not mentioned it as I don't want to offend. He's more a potential DP that I have recently met. He's hunning and babe-ing all over the show (I don't mind babe, actually). I really should point it out as what if we become an item and I just never say anything and one day bludgeon him in a blind fury.

KinkyAfro Mon 07-Dec-15 15:36:24

Ew! If you think this guy has potential you really need to point it out. My ex thought calling me lamb was cute, I soon put him right.

Nabootique Mon 07-Dec-15 15:37:43

How did he take it Kinky?

KinkyAfro Mon 07-Dec-15 16:00:18

I just said I don't like pet names and he was fine with it. He still did it occasionally to push his luck but only ever in jest.

Nabootique Mon 07-Dec-15 16:05:12

I have already pointed out that women should not be referred to as "ladies" hmm

HumbleCrumble Mon 07-Dec-15 16:05:17

Definitely tell him! I made it very clear to DP from the start that "babe" and "baby" make me want to vomit. He wasn't offended and he's steered clear ever since, except very occasionally when he forgets - and then he looks so mortified that it's funny.

Nabootique Mon 07-Dec-15 16:05:23

He is alright though, honestly!

Effendi Mon 07-Dec-15 20:04:50

My husband calls me Devils Spawn. I don't mind, I call him MOFO.

Candlefairy101 Mon 07-Dec-15 20:08:43

I actually cringe if my husband calls me by my normal name confused when he does I feel like I'm in trouble haha, most of the time I get babe with the occasional oi rat head!

Crabbitface Mon 07-Dec-15 20:20:14

You OP reads very differently to a Scottish/N.Irish person!
wink

Nabootique Tue 08-Dec-15 10:02:36

Does it?? What does it mean there? Hope I've not offended anyone. Tee hee.

I've not mentioned the "hun", but I did speak up at "bubs" earlier as that is what I call DD and I found it a bit creepy.

Agree about being called by your first name, that it makes you feel like you are in trouble.

XDP and I used to call each other the C word, albeit affectionately grin

Crabbitface Thu 10-Dec-15 10:13:12

Ha! No - you haven't offended me - as soon as I read the rest of the replies I quickly realised what you meant. In areas marred with sectarianism, 'hun' is a very offensive term for a protestant.

Blacktealeaves Thu 10-Dec-15 11:54:04

Yes crabbitface another mn post enlightened me to this meaning.

Came on wondering if op is NI protestant with catholic husband, who keeps calling her a hun.... That would be grounds for ltb I think...

Though to me calling someone a hun makes them sound fucking scary. Like Attila. Unusual pejorative term in that sense as it doesn't seem to belittle but rather the opposite. Just my uninformed thoughts....

Blacktealeaves Thu 10-Dec-15 11:55:12

Dh and i often call each other things like bumhead if that helps.

TruJay Thu 10-Dec-15 14:45:25

Yanbu I wouldn't like Hun.

Dh uses his own shortened version of my name which I love, full name usually means I'm in trouble. I mostly use shortened name for him too which is also what we use for DS's shortening too, it can get confusing so when they both answer I say "not you I mean the big/little one" depending on which of them I'm wanting smile

We have the occasional "oi ass-munch" thrown in for good measure too grin
That's for DH not DS though.

hefzi Thu 10-Dec-15 15:55:10

I'm always slightly sceptical about people who use stock pet names - I just assume they are doing it so as not to have to keep track of which woman they are with at the moment. Plus "baby" and variations thereof make me throw up in my own mouth I wouldn't LTB over "hun" - because I'd never have got with him in the first place grin

Gottagetmoving Thu 10-Dec-15 15:59:08

It is better than 'Hen'
I had to tell my DP to stop calling me that shortly after we met. He did so all was good.

MetalMidget Thu 10-Dec-15 16:04:17

My husband calls me fart witch and I call him parp wizard. Ours is a tale of true romance!

Nabootique Thu 10-Dec-15 16:06:19

Ahahaha! Thank you for your replies grin Glad I have not caused offence. No, I'm not protestant. As far as I know he's not catholic, but perhaps I should ask?? He could have been dissing me this whole time shock

I agree about stock pet names, usually. It's nice to come up with something a bit unique in your own time, but I do use stock ones until I come up with one, and he seems to as well. "Hun" is only in texts. I've never heard him actually say it. He does say, however, "gorgeous", "beautiful" and "baby". I'm cringing as I type this. He's not sleazy, promise!

Nabootique Thu 10-Dec-15 16:07:08

Love fart witch and parp wizard. Sounds like a match made in heaven. I really hope you were known by those names before you met and then when you did meet time stood still as you were introduced to each other.

Littlefluffyclouds81 Thu 10-Dec-15 18:12:08

I've been on 3 dates with someone who has starting calling me 'poop' in texts.

I fear I may have inherited his ex's pet name.

Don't think there'll be a 4th date.

brightnearly Thu 10-Dec-15 20:40:15

Trout, babycakes and snowdrop are quite lovely fgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now