Talk

Advanced search

I miss mumsnet as it was!!

(102 Posts)
Lightupthefire Sat 05-Dec-15 17:11:03

Oh how I miss it when we all had fun, no one was serious, no one was stupid, no one ever did anything I didn't want them to do!! Oh wasn't it wonderful!

TonySopranosVest Sat 05-Dec-15 17:12:31

Yes

Notimefortossers Sat 05-Dec-15 17:12:38

I have never know this MN . . . how long ago was it?

tiktok Sat 05-Dec-15 17:13:42

Er is this a joke? A comment perhaps on the regular moans and comments that 'mn is different now!'?

It's always been a wonderful mix, in my experience smile

SauvignonBlanche Sat 05-Dec-15 17:13:55

I don't know, I've only been on since 2007 and don't remember it ever being like that. Before my time, perhaps? hmm

AnnaMarlowe Sat 05-Dec-15 17:14:11

How are those rose tinted specs working out for you?

tiktok Sat 05-Dec-15 17:14:44

Ah it clearly is a joke!

OTheHugeManatee Sat 05-Dec-15 17:14:49

I miss the days before you had to put 'lighthearted' in thread titles.

Lightupthefire Sat 05-Dec-15 17:16:41

I have been here since T rexes stormed asda the earth and I have been here since wasps on the windowsill were, erm, stinging. I have been here forever!! And never before have I known a mumsnet like it.

I am the ghost of Christmas mumsnet past and I intend to show you the mumsnet of Christmases bygone to make you all change your ways!

Arfarfanarf Sat 05-Dec-15 17:17:01

ah yes, the old rose tinted glasses. grin

I joined here about 10 years ago and landed in the middle of the biggest bunfight you've ever seen. Seriously, this here was my face.

Some scary shit was going down. grin

And ever since then, there's been threads about how much better mn used to be, how it's not fun any more, how it's this that and the other and I think yeah, I remember it a bit differently my friend grin

Lightupthefire Sat 05-Dec-15 17:19:20

No! You are wrong, why, mumsnet was once a land of hope and glory and no one ever fell out and it was funny and it was light hearted!!

And now - now, it is different. It is a hollow cold lonely grave!!

Notimefortossers Sat 05-Dec-15 17:21:13

I do think it's funny that you have to put 'lighthearted' in the thread title

FruVikingessOla Sat 05-Dec-15 17:21:58

Lightup, T-rexing in Asda was only in 2012 www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/1498923-Shouting-at-me-in-the-supermarket - so that's, um, only three years ago.

Fairenuff Sat 05-Dec-15 17:22:18

OP you are only remembering the good bits. Sorry but it hasn't changed that much.

AnnaMarlowe Sat 05-Dec-15 17:22:47

So the popular 'Nest of Vipers' moniker was just meant affectionately then?

Arfarfanarf Sat 05-Dec-15 17:23:14

yes yes, of course it was. I remember now. I'm sorry. I was wrong. I was clearly thinking of crazybastards.com

Would you like some camomile tea and a lie down? grin

Lightupthefire Sat 05-Dec-15 17:23:19

Ah but much has changed in those three years! Why, the complaints about mumsnet are as thick and as fast as netmums speeding custard so it must be true!!

glentherednosedbattleostrich Sat 05-Dec-15 17:23:50

Perhaps we could have a collection so those with the sticks up their arses can have them removed privately rather than waiting for the nhs? Any money left over could go towards sense of humour training.

Should I add lighthearted?!!

Arfarfanarf Sat 05-Dec-15 17:24:26

I just missed judge flounce and caught the tail end of the Lavendrrrrrrrrr saga.

buns flying all over the place. all over.

I got very fat.

IrisVillarca Sat 05-Dec-15 17:26:04

I think you'd better, Glen. Or you'll get lots of abuse for not taking the plight of those unfortunate enough to be afflicted with sticks up their arse seriously.

You'll still get abuse, but at least you tried

ouryve Sat 05-Dec-15 17:26:17

Have we not had one of these threads yet, this week?

chantico Sat 05-Dec-15 17:26:25

It's certainly provocative to put 'lighthearted' in the title; you could chuck in a question to the girls about goats and bog brushes just to make sure you have a full set...

winterinmadeira Sat 05-Dec-15 17:26:57

What? Don't know what you are on about!

Lightupthefire Sat 05-Dec-15 17:27:42

O to be in mumsnet
Now that December is here
On the forum of mumsnet
Where all is drab and drear
Posting on AIBU
Filled with chips and beer
Other posters will undoubtedly
Make you quake with fear.

lordStrange Sat 05-Dec-15 17:37:33

It was a right hoot on here OP, you're right.

Some mean bastards too just like now, but some right funny ones as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now