Talk

Advanced search

Solphodol and alcohol

(6 Posts)
BeanGirls Sat 05-Dec-15 16:23:52

Aibu to think it would be ok to have a couple of beers tonight having taken co codamol (500/30) today at 12pm. I know it states not to drink while taking them but It will have been six hours and it really will only be a few drinks.

familygermsareok Sat 05-Dec-15 16:43:31

As long as you only have a sensible amount of alcohol and don't get blootered you will be fine. Main issue is codeine can depress breathing centre in brain, and can also make you drowsy. Alcohol can also have both these effects so in sufficient quantities they can be dangerous individually and even more so together.
Small amounts should be ok though, especially if you are not having any more co codamol tonight.
Have a good evening smile

Crinkle77 Sat 05-Dec-15 16:44:04

From what I can gather it might just make you more drowsy or feel sick. I would think if it was 6 hours since your last one then you will be fine. If you are going to continue taking them then I would take it easy. Disclaimer: I am not doctor so could be wrong!!!

JarethTheGoblinKing Sat 05-Dec-15 16:49:32

It'll be fine if they were taken at lunchtime.

BeanGirls Sat 05-Dec-15 17:01:13

Thank you all for the replies. Much appreciated.

kali110 Sat 05-Dec-15 17:12:31

Yes you'll be fine, they'll be out your system now anyway.
I used to take them then have a drink 2 hours later ( i don't advise this i was just used to them)
But you took them 5 hours ago so you will be fine, just don't take ANY WHEN you've drunk alcohol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now