to believe Santa Claus is a standard bearer for the patriarchy

(62 Posts)
derxa Sat 05-Dec-15 10:41:27

DS's friend a twenty something male) is an elf at Christmas grotto. There are other elves one of whom is an older woman. Santa didn't turn up one day so DS's friend had to be padded up to play Santa. Why not the woman elf? Also DS's friend has been made chief elf over her and she is furious.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

goodnightdarthvader1 Sat 05-Dec-15 10:48:00

biscuit

SheSparkles Sat 05-Dec-15 10:50:42

Because Santa IS a man

PoppieD Sat 05-Dec-15 10:53:01

fgrin read this while trying to distract self from wanting to vom for the 10th time this morning- thanks!!! fgrin

fgrin I clicked on this thread thinking it was on the feminism board and I was thinking 'what the check are the extreme Muppets on now'* blush

Here,have a biscuitbiscuit

* Disclaimer: I know not all feminists are extreme but some are clearly stark racing bonkers and opinions on what feminism is differ.

OTheHugeManatee Sat 05-Dec-15 10:57:38

grin

My phone is also clearly stark raving bonkers.

That should've been heck and raving,resoectively!

IoraRua Sat 05-Dec-15 10:58:49

I did the same TripTrap grin

biscuit for you op...

Birdsgottafly Sat 05-Dec-15 11:00:08

Do you also all take a stand against Stockings, which is the ultimate symbol of the Patriarchy, having to have a stocking filled with enough to marry your DD off?

I actually don't do Stockings.

If you want a discussion on how the Christian/Catholic Churches ignored and held back Women from being high up in Religious terms and how they destroyed early religious shrines and Churches to Mary Magdalene & Co, it's too heavy for a Saturday morning.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 05-Dec-15 11:00:22

I thought it was a funny thread, is it meant to be serious?

MrsJayy Sat 05-Dec-15 11:05:59

Head elf envy fab grin

WorraLiberty Sat 05-Dec-15 11:09:35

fgrin fgrin fgrin

derxa Sat 05-Dec-15 11:10:40

It was meant to be funny but you still have to ask why Santa is a man.

WorraLiberty Sat 05-Dec-15 11:11:17

At least he had to be padded up.

Imagine if they said to your friend, "You can be Santa, to save us the padding" fgrin

derxa Sat 05-Dec-15 11:13:26

I do feel sorry for the woman because she has been a loyal elf for years. Unfortunately she has a very miserable face.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsJayy Sat 05-Dec-15 11:14:05

Because St Nick was a man and he is father christmas well thats who it stems from

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 05-Dec-15 11:14:16

I'm not asking, it's a centuries old tradition, they hadn't heard of FWR back in the daywink.

Because some people are men and some people are women.

I know that's a highly complex idea and far too much for a Saturday morning, but there you go!

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 05-Dec-15 11:15:44

Miserable face on an elf grin, poor kids standing in the line will get it in the neck then when they're tired and pissed off at waiting.

WorraLiberty Sat 05-Dec-15 11:17:07

Perhaps they should have had a CIS Santa or a trans Santa? fgrin

MrsJayy Sat 05-Dec-15 11:17:13

Miserable elf LOL tbh id rather see a slightly misery faced female elf than the sexy elves we had in our town centre last christmas teeny shorts while the bpy elves had trousers on

MrsJayy Sat 05-Dec-15 11:18:13

Boy*

I'm having images of Buddy in Elf now - 'he's an angry elf' fgrin

MrsJayy we had sexy elves here before too, I remember exes jaw dropping while he stood gawping oncehmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now