Talk

Advanced search

To be a bit worried about feeding my baby this

(7 Posts)
ofallthenerve Fri 04-Dec-15 10:26:54

I have posted in weaning but posting here for traffic.

My 1yo just helped herself to some bread with unpasteurised goats cheese on it which I had stupidly left on my plate. I checked the NHS website and there is something about not giving children unpasteurised dairy... I'm a bit concerned. Does anyone know much about this? Though about checking with GP but don't know if that's overkill... Thanks.

BrianButterfield Fri 04-Dec-15 10:29:02

The risk is from listeria. It's very rare anyway and if you have been fine eating it then your DD will be too.

ElderlyKoreanLady Fri 04-Dec-15 10:29:46

I really wouldn't worry myself. And I don't think I've ever heard that weaned babies shouldn't eat unpasteurised cheeses, so my DD (20mo) is likely to have had plenty!

abbieanders Fri 04-Dec-15 10:29:48

I'd imagine if it was only a touch and they're not showing any ill effects, it's probably fine. Probably shouldn't be fed regularly but a taste shouldn't be a crisis.

ofallthenerve Fri 04-Dec-15 10:33:18

I was thinking along the lines of abbie - it really wasn't an awful lot she ate. It was straight out of a brand new packet and it is quite acidic and salty so hoping that isn't the best place for nasties to breed? This reminds me of how I worried about everything I ate when pg! Probably overthinking.

ofallthenerve Fri 04-Dec-15 10:33:35

And thanks for responses so far.

ofallthenerve Fri 04-Dec-15 10:45:32

Oh also it doesn't have a rind so actually think it's fine. I think. Bloody hell a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now